Wilco - CHARLOTTESVILLE 10/20

Awwwww, shit! AWESOME. Now I don't have to worry about how the eff I'm going to get back to Michigan in the middle of the week for the Fox show. C-ville Pavillion isn't exactly the Fox, but beggars can't be choosers!

Thanks for posting this!

anyway,

dcd

I don't see it on Wilcoworld.net yet, so I wonder if there will be a pre-sale? Do they ever not do a pre-sale?

dcd

Scott,

I'm sure if they do a pre-sale it will be before the official sale on the 17th. Then again, CP has no standard reserved seating, so maybe it's not required.

The show's GA, and I highly doubt it'll sell out quickly, so no need to worry about a presale.

I'm psyched for this - their last show at the Pavillion was the best Wilco show (including the best crowd) I've seen.

So, first come, first serve for seats, eh?

Well, if I hear anything or see anything, I'll be sure to post. Y'all do the same, eh?

dcd

• 2 weeks later...

3 for 3 for me for Wilco/Tweedy in Charlottesville. As to Justin's point on the presale for a GA show, it is indeed funny. And although I was holding out hopes for a Toad's Place show, the Pavillion will work just as well. The last show they played there was excellent. It's pretty ridiculos that I bought Louisville tix for fear of them not coming around here for awhile. But that will be worth the 9 hour drive times two as Dr. Dog has my reigning album of the year.

>It's pretty ridiculos that I bought Louisville tix for fear of them not coming around here for awhile. But that will be worth the 9 hour drive times two as Dr. Dog has my reigning album of the year.

my cousin (who lives in Charlottesville) did the same thing when he bought Dylan tickets in Maryland and then a couple days before they went on sale, the C-ville sho was announced...

-justin

• 1 month later...

question: if i want to get front row, how early will i have to que up? only a couple hours prior, right? i mean, i remember waiting a good 6 hours in freezing November weather to get a dozen rows back when seeing a General Admission Dylan show back in '02! i'm sure that won't be necessary here, but any tips would be much appreciated, as i plan on visiting with some people in C-ville and generally being in town all day.

-justin

question: if i want to get front row, how early will i have to que up? only a couple hours prior, right? i mean, i remember waiting a good 6 hours in freezing November weather to get a dozen rows back when seeing a General Admission Dylan show back in '02! i'm sure that won't be necessary here, but any tips would be much appreciated, as i plan on visiting with some people in C-ville and generally being in town all day.

-justin

same question here. i have never been to charlottesville and with the 3 hour drive from DC am trying to figure out travel time, etc.

hey justin, if i get there before you, i'll hold a spot in line for ya.

why, thank you! that would be too kind of you. :-) you know what i look like from the pic!

-justin

You're the one with the funny hat, right? ;)

Maybe I'll see y'all there. Going to hit up a visit to Monticello in the morning.

Anyone meeting up ahead of time?

dcd