Wilco - CHARLOTTESVILLE 10/20

i'd like to do a meet-up, but i'm meeting a relative of mine for dinner before the show. i'd definitely be up for a few beers afterwards though. i'm a fan of that bar Rapture on the mall. i try to hit it up when i'm in Charlottesville for a show...especially if it is at the Pavilion or the Paramount.

-justin

i'd like to do a meet-up, but i'm meeting a relative of mine for dinner before the show. i'd definitely be up for a few beers afterwards though. i'm a fan of that bar Rapture on the mall. i try to hit it up when i'm in Charlottesville for a show...especially if it is at the Pavilion or the Paramount.

-justin

We're staying at a hotel right on Main and hopefully within walking distance of the Pavillion, so anything within walking distance afterward is cool with me.

Scott

my only other experience with Wilco and General Admission was at Merriweather for the pit down front. We got there right when the gates opened and within a few minutes it was pretty packed in that pit area. There was also a small line at the Vic Theater show which was General Admission, around an hour before the show started. It made me think the charlottesville show would have a line as well. I'm still working on when I'll be getting there. I've updated my picture in my profile, so keep an eye out for me. hope to see folks there!

my only other experience with Wilco and General Admission was at Merriweather for the pit down front. We got there right when the gates opened and within a few minutes it was pretty packed in that pit area. There was also a small line at the Vic Theater show which was General Admission, around an hour before the show started. It made me think the charlottesville show would have a line as well. I'm still working on when I'll be getting there. I've updated my picture in my profile, so keep an eye out for me. hope to see folks there!

I once stood in front of that place for many many hours - and although we got upfront - there were some people near us that had just walked up as they opened the doors. Although - he did not get to meet Jeff.

Maybe I'll see y'all there. Going to hit up a visit to Monticello in the morning.

My advice -- skip the shuttle bus, and walk up the trail from the parking area to the house. It only takes 10-15 minutes, but you see a lot more that way (incl. the cemetery where Jefferson is buried), and it's a good workout.

The house interior itself is interesting, but not the most interesting part of the grounds -- make sure you check out the outbuildings and underground portions, the gardens, the beer cellar (!), and the servants' quarters.

My advice -- skip the shuttle bus, and walk up the trail from the parking area to the house. It only takes 10-15 minutes, but you see a lot more that way (incl. the cemetery where Jefferson is buried), and it's a good workout.

The house interior itself is interesting, but not the most interesting part of the grounds -- make sure you check out the outbuildings and underground portions, the gardens, the beer cellar (!), and the servants' quarters.

Oh, cool. Thanks for the advice. We'll definitely do that.

Scott

Based upon many, many, many Wilco GA lines, two hours is more than enough to get a spot on the stage in most all places save for big, big cities. At the last Charlottesville show, people who showed up a half an hour in advance we're either on the front or just behind. One thing to take into consideration there, is that the conrete slopes gradually down towards the stage, and at the very front is just a bit too high for pleasurable viewing. Last time, we could've gone to the very front, but choose instead to stay about 8-10 feet back, for optimal viewing. All of that being said, I'll probably satke out my spot around 4-4:30. See you'll there, Greg

PS- Is there still no opener?