Best show to download from the tour?

Opinions?

Have been a number of VERY good o great AUDS show up from the current tour. I think my faves have been ALL of the AUDs from the short spring Australia tour. they sound as good as any SBD I have heard recently. Another great AUD was taped on 6/25/07. I've got about 20+ shows taped from this tour and I haven't gotten through them all but they have all sounded good so far. I think the AUS shows are really good though. Soneone knew what they were doing there.

Yeah, the only show I've listened to throughly from 2007 is the Chastain Park show, whcih sounds amazing.

The quality of the AUD recordings has gone up so much over the last few years! Can't wait to hear Berkeley and Santa Barbara... :rock

I would have to agree with SarahC about the Chastain show, the rain adds some magic to that one. My favorite recording though would have to be Charlotte. The sound is so clear and amazing. You can hear things, small details, that I haven't heard on any other recording. Listen closely to the in-between when Jeff is talking. You'll be pleasantly surprised. and that show opens with a beautiful version of Sunken Treasure. Highly recommend it. :thumbup

Don't get me wrong, I love AUD recordings--I have made bunches of them, torrented them, listen to them lots--but if I can get a SBD tape and get my friend to do a mix of the two, I think that's ideal. You really get the best of both worlds--the clean mix from the board, more of the on-stage sound and audience from the mics.

Have folks heard the matrix I just posted? I think it sounds great, and compares to many official live releases. Check it out, and let's hear what you think.

It's available here:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=160700

and here (but without the photos):

http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=17968

Don't get me wrong, I love AUD recordings--I have made bunches of them, torrented them, listen to them lots--but if I can get a SBD tape and get my friend to do a mix of the two, I think that's ideal. You really get the best of both worlds--the clean mix from the board, more of the on-stage sound and audience from the mics.

Have folks heard the matrix I just posted? I think it sounds great, and compares to many official live releases. Check it out, and let's hear what you think.

It's available here:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=160700

and here (but without the photos):

http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=17968

Hi

Have registered for Zomb but am having trouble accessing the file. When I download I get a small 17KB file and then a message when trying to open of windows cannot open this file because it does not know what program created it'. Any clues?

I would have to agree with SarahC about the Chastain show, the rain adds some magic to that one. My favorite recording though would have to be Charlotte. The sound is so clear and amazing. You can hear things, small details, that I haven't heard on any other recording. Listen closely to the in-between when Jeff is talking. You'll be pleasantly surprised. and that show opens with a beautiful version of Sunken Treasure. Highly recommend it. :thumbup

I agree.. The best sounding AUD-recording I have ever heard.. It definitely has that "like you are really there" feeling to it.. It's great that I can re-live that concert over and over..

I downloaded it this weekend--it sounds great, and it's a great set list too. I would definitely recommend this one.

My personal favorite from this tour, though, is the Merriweather Post Pavilion show from 6-21-07, just because it's the only one i attended. The recording captures the awesome atmosphere of the show, culminating in an extended second encore and spontaneous 3rd encore of "What Light." I can't objectively judge the quality of the recording, but it sounds great to me.

Hi

Have registered for Zomb but am having trouble accessing the file. When I download I get a small 17KB file and then a message when trying to open of windows cannot open this file because it does not know what program created it'. Any clues?

You've successfully downloaded the torrent file, which is basically just a "pointer" reference. Now go get yourself a free torrent client like Azureus, and it'll do the rest for you.

I have both the Merriweather and the Chastain Park shows and I love them both, but think the Chastain one has the better sound quality. :)

The Chastain show was taped by Sloan Simpson, a 'master taper' of some renown in this area. If anyone could pull a good tape under those conditions, it is Sloan. Props to him.

where can you get all these shows

check in the after the show section, folks usually post links to the recordings in the thread relating to the show. or if there's something specific you're looking for, post a note in the Reflecting Off Of Your CD section and folks are really great about taking care of one another.

Opinions?

6-27-07 Pines Theater Park, Northampton MA

the 6-24-07 at Count Basie Theater in Red Bank, NJ is pretty good too.

you can hear a pin drop at both venues.

i really like the 8-24 setlist [in A Future Age encore!] but the only recording i have of that one is decimated with talkers. i have some decent stuff to trade if someone has a tolerable alternate copy of this show. pls PM me.