Dave Eggers as sort of like a saint of sorts

I once read that Heinz contacted JoeD when he had hit in 50 straight games or so and promised him a big payoff and spokesman privileges if he hit in 57 straight. We all know how that ended. And then he hit in something like another 20 games after that.

I still prefer Heinz to any of the others but I always keep a suspicious eye on that company. They jinxed JoeD and I wont ever forget it.

If you are not familiar, Valencia is devoted to teaching creative writing skills to children between the ages of 6 and 18.

826 Valencia (and the other 826s, I'm sure) also provides after-school tutoring on a drop-in basis. It's a fantastic program.

Yep, and from the NYC show, too.

I find Mr. Eggers to be both endlessly entertaining and slightly grating at the same time, which is an impressive feat in itself. But a Pirate Store! Oh my. You, sir, are a god among men. :worship

I'm with you on the Eggers thing. Not a huge fan of his writing, but a huge fan of him and what he does. Check out the links to the other 826s, they've all got cool storefronts. I'm most familiar with the pirate store, but I've also been in the superhero supply store in Brooklyn, which is also very cool.

my friend at NYU actually works for Eggers. He's a huge Eggers fanboy too, so it's very exciting for him.

I also have a good friend who works with him and always speaks really highly about him.

I haven't read what is the what but I wasnt too into Heartbreaking Work.