just returned from Louisville show

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my first Wilco show. I've only been a hardcore fan for about a year now. My wife and I drove up from Nashville and due to several delays we arrived late, missing the first four songs. I really hope the audience recordings and/or the Sirius broadcast turn out well. The weather was perfect, the crowd was great, and I thought the ballpark setup worked really well.

...the whole night, jeff and i kept exchanging glances. i think he noticed that i was up dancing around, and singing the words to every song. when everyone else next to me was standing there with their arms folded. well during the entire last verse of impossible germany, he was staring directly in my direction, staring dead on, and i swore it was at me, but i thought there's no way. but during the "nothing more important than to know someone

Absolutely perfect show. That was by far the most varied setlist I've ever seen at a Wilco show, and the diversity as noted was wide open. There were more songs from the 90's played than the 00's, and just as many BT tracks as SBS, that's gotta be a first. We were last row on the field and on the aisle with a great, unobstructed view. Got in plenty early to see my third Dr Dog show of the year and even though it's a tough transition for a band used to playing for 150-300 people to play in a baseball stadium they preformed solidly and continue to inspire me. Later when Jeff was giving thanks to the crew he thanked Dr Dog for being the greatest band in America. I for one think the enthusiasm and emotion Dr Dog put forth every night is in some part responsible for this leg of the SBS tour being so incredibly inventive and loose for Wilco.

The second encore was a fantastic throwback. I jumped so high during I Got You that I fell backwards on my chair and then the ground. As an aside do you'll think that the band is somewhat distancing itself from SBS already? I mean very few people seemed into any of the SBS songs, and honestly many of them just don't seem to be that fun to watch live, listening to on a road trip driving through the mountains maybe, but live, not so much. It just seems bizarre to me that it's only getting five or so songs played most nights. Ten songs from the last two albums remained in the setlist for two years, but we're already down to five after only a few months.

Great, greats how, perfect weather, lively crowd, the band was on fire. I don't know what their drinking on the Wilco bus, but I hope there's plenty left when they get to Charlottesville next month.

impossible germany. oh shit. i'm going to tell you this story, but none of you are going to believe it, or think i was just imagining it, but i don't care. doesn't change the fact it happened. but i could swear the whole night, jeff and i kept exchanging glances. i think he noticed that i was up dancing around, and singing the words to every song. when everyone else next to me was standing there with their arms folded. well during the entire last verse of impossible germany, he was staring directly in my direction, staring dead on, and i swore it was at me, but i thought there's no way. but during the "nothing more important than to know someone
could anyone sendspace this in .mp3 if they get the chance? i told myself after the last show i'm never converting a flac show again.

Send me a PM with your address and I'll send you a disc of the show. I won't convert the files to mp3 since that breaks one of the hallowed and sacred laws of trading. Why the hatred for FLAC? It is a beautiful thing...

Little late for a full review, just getting back into Chicago late last night.... WOW :dancing What an unbelievable Wilco show... the fellas really pumped some amazing energy at Slugger Field on Friday night. I was front row dead center with one of my dear friends from Louisville her second show, also took her to the Iroqouis show last Oct, and I don't think I've came close to dancing and jamming out that hard at any other previous Wilco shows Ive been to, including the week before at Millennium Park. This show was every bit as good and these sets have been fire! Dancing so hard in fact, that I managed to spill my drink (which Jeff quickly pointed out to the rest of the crowd) said something to the effect of that he really felt sorry for me cause it looked like I had just bought that beer, and dropped it immediately LOl. "Sorry to point that out, but that looked brutal." Jeff then mentioned that he'd be happy to buy me another beer, but he didnt have any money. It was in fact a Rum and Coke :shifty luckily I was already about half way done with it when I dropped it, and even better that I didnt spill on anyone. Cause usually, I'm not that guy...but I guess the setting was just too perfect to just let go and go all out on that particular night. Left nothing behind at that rock show. Getting called out by Tweedy at a concert is definetly something I'm not gonna forget anytime soon. :cheers Special thanks to the random dude that came up a song or two after the banter and asked "Who did Jeff say to buy a beer for??" By far and away, the best free beer I've ever had. Also was able to get Jeff's setlist from his guitar tech, I will defintiely try and post a copy of that at somepoint, though I dont have a scanner.... I will try and get it up later tonight.

Great pics and reviews from everyone!!!! Can't wait to score a couple posters as well, got there a bit late right as Dr. Dog was coming off, and we never did get back over to the merch stand after getting into the zone after the fellas came on.

It was a really great setlist and a great show. So much fun. She's a Jar with the harmonica was great (pic). Just a lot of great stuff that they seemed to really enjoy playing off of AM and BT. So many of the songs were like getting a Christmas present that you wanted but forgot that you wanted and then had this big happy surprise when you open it... It was a great show and a great crowd. The field section seemed into it; no "talkers" in my area. And I think we did a mighty admirable job of clapping on Spiders.

Yes, Glenn with the baseball bats was a nice touch. Brought smiles from the whole band.

Who was that with the shaker next to Glenn for Handshake Drugs? I suppose I should know that, but don't. I didn't get a very clear pic on that (below).

It was very cool to meet some folks from the board and hang out there on a beautiful evening. So much fun.

CIMG1720.JPG

CIMG1713.JPG

CIMG1723.JPG

CIMG1725.JPG

YO!

I saw the lead singer from Dr. Dog playing a shaker at least once during the show.

Was anybody able to record the Sirius Radio broadcast? If it is good enough, I'd be willing to try putting together a matrix recording. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just saw in the other thread on the broadcast that somebody did in fact record it.