Good point.

I have this book at home - Backstreets: Springsteen the Man and His Music (I think that is the title) if you look in the back, there is the photo from inside the Nebraska sleeve, and then next to it, some photos from the BITUSA tour. The dude got rather big pretty fast.

I have this book at home - Backstreets: Springsteen the Man and His Music (I think that is the title) if you look in the back, there is the photo from inside the Nebraska sleeve, and then next to it, some photos from the BITUSA tour. The dude got rather big pretty fast.

So did Clarence, though. They were probably working out together.

Good point.

1) I have that book too and 2) Two years is plenty of time to increase your size considerably. (Nebraska 1982, BITUSA 1984)

So did Clarence, though. They were probably working out together.

Clarence did it at the buffet table though. You gotta work out to make the juice work, otherwise...

a nice set from last night

love me some thundercrack

Setlist: Radio Nowhere/No Surrender/Gypsy Biker/Empty Sky/Something in the Night/Girls in Their Summer Clothes/Night/The Promised Land/Livin' in the Future/Devil's Arcade/Candy's Room/She's the One/Lonesome Day/My Hometown/The Rising/Last to Die/Long Walk Home

Encore: Thundercrack/Born to Run/Darlington County/American Land

September 25, 2007, 10:25 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band played their first show in three years last night (Sept. 24) at Asbury Park, N.J.'s intimate Convention Hall, which served as a warm-up for a fall tour that begins Oct. 2 in Hartford, Conn. Seven songs were premiered from the album "Magic," which also lands Oct. 2 via Columbia.

At the outset, Springsteen told the crowd the band would be offering up "a few new ones, a few old ones, maybe a few mistakes, but I doubt it." Among the new album cuts performed were first single "Radio Nowhere," "Gypsy Biker," "Girls in Their Summer Clothes," "Devil's Arcade" and "Last To Die."

Set list oddities included the vintage outtake "Thundercrack," which started the encore, "Something in the Night" and "American Land," a song from Springsteen's Seeger Sessions band that the E Streeters were playing live for the first time.

Springsteen and company will play Asbury Park again tonight and have just announced a third rehearsal show for Friday at Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, N.J. Tickets go on sale this morning.

Here is Bruce Springsteen's set list:

"Radio Nowhere"

"No Surrender"

"Gypsy Biker"

"Empty Sky"

"Something in the Night"

"Girls in Their Summer Clothes"

"Night"

"The Promised Land"

"Livin' in the Future"

"Devil's Arcade"

"Candy's Room"

"She's the One"

"Lonesome Day"

"My Hometown"

"The Rising"

"Last To Die"

"Long Walk Home"

Encore:

"Thundercrack"

"Born To Run"

"Darlington County"

"American Land"

Seeing Bruce at Convention Hall is like seeing the Beatles in Hamburg or something. Not a great analogy but it's pretty magic (no, I wasn't there last night and won't be there tonight).

For those of you in the swamps, there is also a rehersal show at Continental Airline Arena Friday night. This would be more like seeing the Beatles in an aircraft hanger.

Anyone get Boston tickets? I struck out, but may try to scalp soon. Do you think GA tix will be cheaper day of?

I have a general aversion to scalpers and think you should be able to get tickets at cost if you make a good effort. PM me if you want me to direct you to places where that kind of thing could happen.

At any rate, before you go that route, you should wait at least until after the first few dates on the tour to get an idea of how many tickets are dropped the day of the show at the box office. There seems to be some indication that many tickets sold on the on-sale date were not the best and many prime seats were held back. I would guess at this point, without knowing for sure, that your chances of getting tickets at the box office the day of show are pretty good. And if that happens, the market on the street could be face value or less.

Wait until at least mid-October before you do anything rash.