cause it's impossible for the man to actually just be an asshole...

:ermm

no, but it's definitely possible that jeff was way more of an asshole than the movie makes him out to be...esp. during the drug years.

you know that scene where jeff pukes after getting into an argument with jay about the heavy metal drummer mix? those two incidents happened on different days and were totally unrelated. it was edited together in a misleading fashion.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know that scene where jeff pukes after getting into an argument with jay about the heavy metal drummer mix? those two incidents happened on different days and were totally unrelated. it was edited together in a misleading fashion.

Sam Jones says he shot it as it happened and didn't edit it out of sequence. I believe him when he says it wasn't cut together to make it look like something it wasn't.

If I'm not mistaken Jeff said that was out of sequence. So...

Oddly enough, I just reread the Kot book, and in it Jeff says he did throw up during the argument, and it was portrayed in the film as it happened in RL. Jay's the one that said it was cut for dramatic effect. IIRC.

I have the first solo album and, while it's good, it is not pulling me back or anything.

Caught the end of IATTBYH on Sundance, was just finishing reading something else, thought I'd see what a couple years' perspective did for the book. Above all, I came away with the feeling that Kot tried a little too hard.

I like you.

• 4 months later...
anyone know what jay is up to these days?

this is what i was wondering.

his website hasn't been updated since 2006!

Tape Op had an article/interview on him and his studio a few years back, so i guess that's what he's doing.

you'd think he'd still be making music, even if just releasing it himself.

after his last solo cd, he did a small tour, and now...not much I guess. It's only been a year or so.

it's pretty unusual in the internet age not to at least have a new news item since 2006.

granted, you'll probably remember a couple of artists just to prove otherwise, but i mean for the most part.

you'd expect at least a;:

this is jay, checking in. working on a new album,

etc...

they were promoting on Myspace a bit when the last album came out with bulletins and invites. they even announced a contest where you could win some of his merchandise but then they never announced any winners or responded to messages asking what happened to the contest.

they were promoting on Myspace a bit when the last album came out with bulletins and invites. they even announced a contest where you could win some of his merchandise but then they never announced any winners or responded to messages asking what happened to the contest.

Lucinda Purify: What happened to the contest merchandise?

Jaytor Purify: Mama, I smoked the contest merchandise!