Just wondering if anyone is into his post-Wilco stuff. I did hear a few songs and I did they sounded cool. Didnt totally capture me but I thought the songs were catchy. He sounded like a young Elvis Costello. Maybe I should give his album a try? Anyone have it?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing him in IATTBYH I kinda go out of my way not to listen to anything of his.

I don't think that was him at his best.

After seeing him in IATTBYH I kinda go out of my way not to listen to anything of his.

If you don't think the camera can bring out the worst in people, then you know nothing of documentary film making and the editing process, not saying Jay is an angel, but this is quite a shallow statement. I urge anyone watching any documentary to sometimes take things with a grain of salt. So in the middle of the documentary, it cuts to a studio with a band trying very hard to mix their own tracks, and people are tired, frustrated in a creatvie enviroment and have unresolved issues amongst each other, you should ask yourself, I'm probably not seeing the entire picture. Being a creative person myself, I often don't say what's on my mind in the editng, writing process for sake of not getting into with someone, but sometimes after being completely exhausted I will not communicate myself properly and the meaning and the idea gets completely lost in this state of being, thus ending up in some sort of ridiculous argument in which myself and that person won't speak for a week, until we both realize how ridiculous we were being. Again, not defending either side, but I think JB took plenty of shit for this doc and really we should all move on, cause I'm certain Jay has as well as Wilco.

I heard one of JB's songs on NPR's All Songs Considered. It was off the Magcificent Defeat, but I don't remember the name. It sounded really really busy and had way too much going on it, too many layers.

Yeah, that whole album is pretty "difficult." Most of his other post-Wilco output is a lot more accessible.

umm

Overview

Director:

Sam Jones

Genre:

Documentary / Music more

Plot Outline:

First-time filmmaker and award-winning photographer Sam Jones documents the recording of Wilco's album, "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot." more

Plot Synopsis:

This plot synopsis is empty. Add a synopsis

Plot Keywords:

Employment Dismissal / Music Business / Musician / Record Company / Recording Studio more

User Comments:

Fly on the Wall more

Cast

(Credited cast)

Jeff Tweedy ... Himself

John Stirratt ... Himself

Leroy Bach ... Himself

Glenn Kotche ... Himself

Jay Bennett ... Himself

Greg Kot ... Himself

Tony Margherita ... Himself

Fred Armisen ... Himself

Wes Orshoski ... Himself

I'm not a fan of his solo work, the music's good. But he's got an awful voice.

I agree. I don't avoid his music because he comes across like (whether he is or is not) a douche in the movie. I avoid it because I don't dig his voice. He's clearly a fine musician but just not my cuppa tea.

Our old friend Basil II sent me a compilation disc of the best of all his solo albums and I must say it was great stuff.

Jay, come to Indy!!! :dancing

so do you just not listen to anyone whose a dick? If thats the case you might need to throw out most of your rock music collection; oh yeah and your jazz. I never saw an interview with Bach but I've herd he was a moody son of a bitch.