Polls:  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to vote in next year's presidential election?

• Yes, regardless of who the candidates end up being
    • No, regardless of who the candidates end up being
    • I'll decide (whether I'll vote) once the candidates are finalized
    • I am fairly confident that I'll vote for a republican
    • I am fairly confident that I'll vote for a democrat
  2. 2. Did you vote in the last presidential election?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would have, had there been a specific different candidate available
  3. 3. From what source(s) do you gather most of your information on the candidates and issues?

• Newspapers
    • Television -- Networks
    • Television -- Cable
    • Internet (predominately 5 or fewer sites)
    • Internet (a wide variety of sites)
    • Word of mouth
    • Organization(s) (church, non-profit group, issue-based group)
    • Other
    • Radio

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D'oh! I didn't read the first question all the way through. Instead of saying "Yes I'll Vote" I should have said I'd vote for the Democratic version of the turd sandwich. It usually all boils down to Supreme Court choices... the court is starting to lean way conservative, and even the relatively-liberal Guilliani would nominate a conservative judge. It's my usual tie breaker.

I always get frustrated with folks that don't vote. even with the reason of "i didn't like either candidate". my response to that is, if you don't like anyone on the ballot either a) write someone in or B) cast a blank ballot and show that you don't like anyone on the ballot and have your non-vote counted. imagine if everyone cast a blank ballot...

I always get frustrated with folks that don't vote. even with the reason of "i didn't like either candidate". my response to that is, if you don't like anyone on the ballot either a) write someone in or B) cast a blank ballot and show that you don't like anyone on the ballot and have your non-vote counted. imagine if everyone cast a blank ballot...
I totally agree. One of my college instructors mentioned during class last week that he doesn't vote because he thinks it's pointless and his vote doesn't really count and all of that jazz. That night, I mailed him a voter registration form and a cute little letter signed Jane A. Voter.

I get all of my information from internet bulletin boards, I just wait to see who all the cool kids pick and go with that.

D'oh! I didn't read the first question all the way through. Instead of saying "Yes I'll Vote" I should have said I'd vote for the Democratic version of the turd sandwich.

SHIT! Me too. I didn't read all the way through! Except I'd vote for the Republican version. :stunned

I would implore EVERYONE to keep their remotes handy until the elections are over.

When a political AD comes on, regardless of the candidate or the race, change the channel or use the mute button.

Don't let the marketing sway your opinion, let the TRUTH sway your opinion.

Texans need to abstain from this conversation. This is how Texans vote:

1. That refers to votes cast by legislators, not by individual voters

2. If all you're interested in doing here is continuing your Texas-bashing, please do so in some other thread. You are free to start your own "Texans are morons" thread anytime you please.

reported

More proof Texans are morons. Your too stupid to be a Wilco fan.

:yay

that was one of the best laughs I've had all day. My post to Jude was a joke, mr. quick. I'd also like to introduce you to the conjunction known as "you're," while you're calling people morons.