Ryan Adams - Indy - October 24, 2007

:wave Me! Come say hi - are you anywhere near right side row C? I'd love to hear how the Dylan/Costello show was.

Yeah, that Dalai isn't much of a rocker.

I am indeed actually... right side row J :)

I'll be with a friend and his 7 month pregnant wife so we should be easy to spot. I'm 6'3" and I've got a yellow shirt on

Oh, and I'll be drinking plenty of German beer before hand so pardon my slurred speech

Dylan and Costello were great... got to hear High Water, My Back Pages, and Ballad of a Thin Man.... :worship

Indy show

solid 3 1/2 hours

Ryan had a cig with every one outside during the set break

some jack ass kepting yelling for Uncle Tupelo

yelling Come Pick Me Up as a request does not work

here are the songs I rememer

not in any order

Why Do They Leave

Rescue Blues

Stars go Blue

Shakedown

Let it Ride

Please do not let me go

goodnight rose

pearls on a string

everybody knows

Off Broadway

Wildflowers

Kiss before I go

wonderwall

dear john

bartering Lines

mag mountain

peaceful val.

mockingbird

dear chicago

easy plat.

cold roses

the end

games

there was at least one RA song I didn't know at all, and one also with one of the Cards on lead vocals

Though it was a tough choice, I gave away my ticket for tonight's DBT Dirt Underneath show in Cleveland (with Spooner Oldham on slide even) to see RA in Indy. And I think I won the jackpot with this show. I sure expected to be home before this time, but I'm not complaning about why. Un-frickin believable show!!! :stunned I'm so excited and wide awake still, oh man.

The Cardinals were on fire and Ryan Adams was having himself a really good time in Indy tonight, just laughing and smiling on stage while he was playing, really getting into a groove with the Cardinals. It was awesome to watch them play off each other's moves, sort of enmeshing or something, I can't describe it well right now, words are failing me. I suppose Ryan Adams described it best - at the end of the show, he mentioned something about it being like really great sex. :lol So there you go.

BTW, he now wears earplugs on stage so he can't be distracted from the jerks in the audience. Smart move. Hopefully he did not hear that idiot yelling for, as Boots described, "Uncle Tupelo." If he did, he ignored it. Yay! :thumbup Such a strange thing to say, though, IMO. Like if you were at a Wilco show and someone kept yelling "Whiskeytown!" :ermm Seriously, huh?

Boots, dammit I did not see any pregnant woman nor did I see a tall guy in a yellow shirt, and I even looked for you before showtime! :hmm Missing meeting you was the only thing that wasn't perfect about this evening. I ripped down I-69 to Indy and was doing 85 when I passed a cop in the median, but he apparently ignored me. It was even a full moon tonight, and the sunset and sky on the way to Indy was breath-taking. Days like this I want to bottle up and save ... :worship

Here's the actual setlist from the RA uber-fans at Ryan Adams Archive.

Set 1:

Peaceful Valley->

Beautiful Sorta

Please Do Not Let Me Go

Rescue Blues

The Sun Also Sets

Goodnite Rose->

Bartering Lines

Off Broadway

A Kiss Before I Go->

Shakedown On 9th Street

Cold Roses

Set 2:

When Stars Go Blue

Nightbirds

Why Do They Leave

Everybody Knows

Let It Ride

What Sin Replaces Love->

Dear Chicago

Mockingbird Song

Pearls On String

Wildflowers

Easy Plateau

Games

The End

Magnolia Mountain

Dear John

Freeway To The Canyon

Encore:

Wonderwall->

I See Monsters

Ear plugs? I understood the BAND has moved on to ear monitors, ?

Glad to see Ryan is back smoking after the short try at quitting last month. Why? Because

the cigs are kicking my ass...been trying to stop for a month myself. Trying again

tommorow, urgh.

Greta setlist last night and have read nothing but good reviews elsewhere this morning.

Ear plugs? I understood the BAND has moved on to ear monitors, ?

Sorry. Yes, monitors. I did read that not long ago, too, but promptly forgot they did that. When he said he couldn't hear anything we were saying, my mind went right for ear plugs. But you're right. Thanks for the correction.

Edit:

OK - forgot to add that this was my favorite triple-play of the evening:

Pearls On String

Wildflowers

Easy Plateau

:wub

I'm guessing that was the great Neal Casal. Was he also the opening act?

I really enjoyed the song, I think I might have to check out some of his stuff.

I've put off or just missed seeing RA for years, and at this point I'm glad I made this my first RA show

Wow - I wasn't paying attention, but this was a live internet broadcast last night on "Ryan Adams Radio"

Another stellar setlist: A 3-hour show

lifestyle communities pavilion

columbus oh

01 peaceful valley

02 magnolia mountain

03 please do not let me go

04 nightbirds

05 cold roses

06 shakedown on ninth street

07 bartering lines

08 goodnight rose

09 cherry lane

10 love is hell

11 note to self: dont die

12 halloweenhead

13 off broadway

14 freeway to the canyon

15 pearls on a string

16 a kiss before i go

17 wild flowers

18 two

19 rescue blues

20 oh my god whatever etc

21 the sun also sets

22 when the stars go blue

23 everybody knows

24 why do they leave

25 meadowlake street

26 this is it

27 mockingbird

28 beautiful sorta

29 easy plateau

30 let it ride

31 dear john

32 what sin replaces love

:blink

Wow - I wasn't paying attention, but this was a live internet broadcast last night on "Ryan Adams Radio"

Another stellar setlist: A 3-hour show

:blink

holy shit

as good as the show was at the Chicago Theater, this was the kind of setlist I was hoping for. wow.

I've been out of the loop on Ryan for awhile. Has it been just lately where he's playing older stuff from his catalog? I remember shows from back around Gold/Demolition where he only played current songs or newer/unreleased stuff. His new stuff sounds solid. Kinda makes me wish I had seen him in Charlottesville when he came recently.

I've been out of the loop on Ryan for awhile. Has it been just lately where he's playing older stuff from his catalog? I remember shows from back around Gold/Demolition where he only played current songs or newer/unreleased stuff. His new stuff sounds solid. Kinda makes me wish I had seen him in Charlottesville when he came recently.

this year especially he's been playing a lotof the back catalogue. Those older songs seem to have replaced teh Dead covers he was playing a lot last year

14 freeway to the canyon

that's the song Neal Casal sings.

Thanks for the link, Boots. I really wish I would have gone. It would have been the highlight of a rather gloomy week.

How was the Dahli Lama? I saw him at Assembly Hall soon after I moved to Bloomington. It was like 2001, maybe. It was free then. I was a little turned off by the $30 ticket prices this time.

Thanks for the link, Boots. I really wish I would have gone. It would have been the highlight of a rather gloomy week.

How was the Dahli Lama? I saw him at Assembly Hall soon after I moved to Bloomington. It was like 2001, maybe. It was free then. I was a little turned off by the $30 ticket prices this time.

He seemed to have a good sense of humor, plus it's refreshing to hear a "religious" figure talk how one can find ethics and morality outside of religion. The sound could have been better, as sometimes it was tough to hear him. Student tixs were only 15 bucks which is the reason I went in the first place.

Yeah Adams was on fire, and had a better sound system than the Dalai Lama