den-11.jpg

Only heard parts of that one, but it's good.

And the only "officially released" solo album -- Pacific Ocean Blue I have in its entirety and it IS damn good (if you can get past the 70's production).

Other fans?

Anyone have the entire Bamboo album?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dislike the fact that you start so many threads - but the following are great songs

I apologize for offending your sensibilities.

Guess I just am used to boards with higher traffic and posting rates. In deference to this board, I will try to slow down a bit.

Well, you can start all The Beach Boys threads and/or old hippie 60s music threads you want, Pop Tart.

No need to start calling names.

I've got an mp3 version of Bamboo, but it's up in the roof-space. If you try and can't find it, I'll have a dig around sometime soon for you. Pacific Ocean Blue is one of those albums that I can't believe has not been re-released yet (it's out of print on cd) - whoever owns the rights to that one is a bit of a prick, if you ask me. Dennis wasn't much of a drummer, but he wrote some amazing songs - him and Carl really shined after Brian went chicken oriental, and in lots of ways I prefer that period of the band to the pre-Smile stuff.

I've got an mp3 version of Bamboo, but it's up in the roof-space. If you try and can't find it, I'll have a dig around sometime soon for you. Pacific Ocean Blue is one of those albums that I can't believe has not been re-released yet (it's out of print on cd) - whoever owns the rights to that one is a bit of a prick, if you ask me. Dennis wasn't much of a drummer, but he wrote some amazing songs - him and Carl really shined after Brian went chicken oriental, and in lots of ways I prefer that period of the band to the pre-Smile stuff.

And his friends - Daryl Dragon, Gregg Jakobson, Stephen Kalinich, and Carli Mu

I'm a Dennis fan. "Forever" is probably his high point for me. I think that song can stand alongside a lot of Brian's work, and is so good that it can rise above even this:

Safe for work, but click at your own risk

As far as the solo stuff, I like "Time" and "You and I" best.

What the hell was the deal with Charles Manson though? Apparently, Dennis wasn't the best judge of character.

I'm a Dennis fan. "Forever" is probably his high point for me. I think that song can stand alongside a lot of Brian's work, and is so good that it can rise above even this:

Safe for work, but click at your own risk

As far as the solo stuff, I like "Time" and "You and I" best.

What the hell was the deal with Charles Manson though? Apparently, Dennis wasn't the best judge of character.

Never Learn Not To Love

I dislike the fact that you start so many threads - but the following are great songs:

Be Still

Be with Me

Celebrate the News

Forever

Little Bird

Lady

Again, you can find Bamboo on a torrent site - if you dig around.

hmmmm, let me think, was there a VC member named 70's guy who started threads every 5 minutes ?

no, I must be wrong.

hmmmm, let me think, was there a VC member named 70's guy who started threads every 5 minutes ?no, I must be wrong.
I am starting to feel like I am in a blitzkrieg. Anyhow - that is most likely true and I wonder how it ceased? Someone probably told me to stop. I was actually half joking with the dude.
True, but you rarely find a Beach Boys related song that is just penned by one person, anyway. I still think of the songs as Brian's, or Carl's etc.. even if other people helped write them - they've all got their own styles. And they were better than The Beatles! :shifty
I have always had the feeling that he worked on his songs with his friends more-so that the rest of the band.

I think the Beach Boys' self/family management situation/void set up the bitter animosity between them, and messed up situations, that made them rather work outside of their situation, whereas the Beatles weren't related so their split was "easier."

It's comical and sad how territorial they have been with the name and legacy.

I apologize for offending your sensibilities.

Guess I just am used to boards with higher traffic and posting rates. In deference to this board, I will try to slow down a bit.

Nah...you keep right on posting.

A-man's just worried that you might catch up with his post count in about 13 years.

Well, you can start all The Beach Boys threads and/or old hippie 60s music threads you want, Pop Tart.

I like it...Pop Tart, Porkchop Crow says...HEY!

I always loved Carls voice the most, I could listen to Long Promised Road forever! Shame his solo album was a bit average.

Cuddle Up is a might fine song though by Dennis though.

I love that story of how when Mike Love heard about Dennis sleeping with his daughter,they were onstage & Mike threw a piano stool at Dennis who ducked and it ended up taking out Mike's family who were sitting in the front row! Sigh!

I always loved Carls voice the most, I could listen to Long Promised Road forever! Shame his solo album was a bit average.

Cuddle Up is a might fine song though by Dennis though.

I love that story of how when Mike Love heard about Dennis sleeping with his daughter,they were onstage & Mike threw a piano stool at Dennis who ducked and it ended up taking out Mike's family who were sitting in the front row! Sigh!

They actually had a child together.

*DENNIS WILSON FOREVER: Interviews with the People Who Knew Him Best*

A film by Billy Hinsche

After three years in the making, this powerful documentary on the life of one of the most interesting, creative, and lovable members of the Beach Boys, Dennis Wilson, is now available on DVD! Dennis Wilson Forever was produced and directed by Dennis