Discuss: "We're the 49ers" is a better song than "Super Bowl Shuffle"

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I am an egomaniac and I thought it was funny, and never got a response:

It doesn't matter what he'd rather want when you are discussing who is the best. Thats not the point, the point is who is the best.

Best quartbacks of all time because they won superbowls (TD-INT ratio for career):

Terry Bradshaw (212-210, natural leader)

Trent Dilfer (109-122, just knew how to win)

Brad Johnson (154-117, awesomeness personified)

Jim McMahon (100-90, shuffled his way to the record books)

Mark Rypien (115-88, clutch)

Doug Williams (100-93, saved a baby from a fire)

Shittiest quarterbacks of all time who never did anything except shit all over the football field and lose and lose and lose (TD-INT)

Dan Marino (420-252, drops babies on their head on purpose)

Jim Kelly (237-175; led the bills to 4 straight super bowls and then tackled their kicker as he tried to win the game)

John Elway prior to winning two super bowls (282-204; lost two superbowls, dog fighter)

Boomer Esiason (247-184, stupid name)

Fran Tarkenton (374-266, communist)

Also shitty:

Barry Sanders

Cris Carter

Randy Moss

Jason Taylor

Jim Brown

Tim Brown

Tony Gonzalez

Kellen Winslow

Also, Ted Williams.

seeing all those legends was awesome. damn I love Pittsburgh.

FrancosArmy.JPG

Franco Harris. Sigh. I loved him and Joe Greene and Rocky Bleier when I was a kid.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Dallas - Phiily game last night. To wit: Whitten's catch w/ the helmet coming off etc. Great highlight reel stuff. I thought Madden was going to have an orgasm.

That Iggles game was a bit disconcerting to me, as a Giants fan. And it might be the beginning of the end of the McNabb era in Philadelphia.

I'm a Bears fan, but the Super Bowl Shuffle loses because of the phrases "punky QB" and "throw the pill."

I've never even heard "We're the 49ers," but I'm not sure it matters.

Those are the phrases that make it what it is for me. It is so 80s and it is pretty cheesy. Thats the beauty.

Bad rhymes by football stars standing around kinda dancin.

You're lookin' at the Fridge,

I'm the rookie.

I may be large, but I'm no dumb cookie.

Because I am an egomaniac and I thought it was funny, and never got a response:

My response?

I %100 percent agree with your thinking on Brady. We should ultimately wait until he wears 6 superbowl rings, and added more names to the rotating cast of characters around him before even considering him among the top 5 all-time greats.

HELLO.gif

HELLO!!??

My response?

I %100 percent agree with your thinking on Brady. We should ultimately wait until he wears 6 superbowl rings, and added more names to the rotating cast of characters around him before even considering him among the top 5 all-time greats.

HELLO.gif

HELLO!!??

Super Bowl rings = only measure of a quarterback's greatness.

"Best quartbacks of all time because they won superbowls (TD-INT ratio for career):

Terry Bradshaw (212-210, natural leader)

Trent Dilfer (109-122, just knew how to win)

Brad Johnson (154-117, awesomeness personified)

Jim McMahon (100-90, shuffled his way to the record books)

Mark Rypien (115-88, clutch)

Doug Williams (100-93, saved a baby from a fire)

Shittiest quarterbacks of all time who never did anything except shit all over the football field and lose and lose and lose (TD-INT)

Dan Marino (420-252, drops babies on their head on purpose)

Jim Kelly (237-175; led the bills to 4 straight super bowls and then tackled their kicker as he tried to win the game)

John Elway prior to winning two super bowls (282-204; lost two superbowls, dog fighter)

Boomer Esiason (247-184, stupid name)

Fran Tarkenton (374-266, communist)

Also shitty:

Barry Sanders

Cris Carter

Randy Moss

Jason Taylor

Jim Brown

Tim Brown

Tony Gonzalez

Kellen Winslow"

Brady is an extremely good, possibly great quarterback who isn't the best of his own era. He's not the 2nd best of his own era. He probably wouldn't have been the best in any era. Sorry that you disagree, and yes he was on 3 teams what won super bowls.

Matt Light has 3 super bowl rings, he is among the best players ever. Larry Izzo has three rings. He laughs at Brian Urlacher.

(See why super bowl wins is an extremely stupid way to judge a quarterback? No? Shocking!)

Super Bowl rings = only measure of a quarterback's greatness.

Matt Light has 3 super bowl rings, he is among the best players ever. Larry Izzo has three rings. He laughs at Brian Urlacher.

(See why comparing offensive linemen and linebackers is an extremely stupid way to judge a quarterback? You know... the quarterback? The player responsible for directing the entire offense of the team on the field, and initiating all plays on the field? No? Shocking!)

I could not have said that better myself.

HELLO.gif

HELLO!!??

If you ain't got an offensive line, you ain't got nothing.

I'm not saying you are dumb, but.

And I'm not saying you're the sharpest music snob I've argued sports with on the interwebs.

No, I'm really not saying that.

I hear that WWE wrestling is seeking spirited bomb-throwers on their fan-boards, dude.

KONG.gif

:cheers

Nice to see Don Shula making sense today. If Barry's homerun ball gets one so should the Pats. Brillant.

Huh?

What, because of the videotape thing?

Sour grapes. Ol' Don just doesn't want to see another team eclipse the '72 Dolphins.

And I'm not saying you're the sharpest music snob I've argued sports with on the interwebs.

No, I'm really not saying that.

I hear that WWE wrestling is seeking spirited bomb-throwers on their fan-boards, dude.

KONG.gif

:cheers

Ok, now I am saying that.

Actually, I'll say this: Tom Brady is the Jim Kelly to Manning's Marino, the only difference between Manning and Marino is that Manning had a running game on his team and the only difference between Kelly and Brady is that Brady's kicker made the kicks to win the super bowl, and Kelly's didn't.

If the tuck rule doesn't go his way, or if Viniateri misses those 3 game winning field goals in the SBs, Brady is just another great qb.

Throughout all of that no one mentioned Joe Montana. :ohwell

I've always thought he was slightly overrated, inasmuch as he benefitted alot from having the greatest reciever of all time to throw to. He was great, but my bias as a Dolphins fan will not allow me to say anyone but Marino as the greatest.