Felix Jones, RS, Arkansas

Freshman of the Year

# Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

Jacobs Blocking Trophy

*Jonathan Luigs, C, Arkansas

*Andre Smith, OL, Alabama

Coach of the Year

Sylvester Croom, Mississippi State

All to the tune of going 4-4 in the SEC.

Sounds like you're a little bitter?

Actually, I'm relieved. I never understood why everyone thought he would be the best coach that UofM could get. Sure, he has the well known ties to Bo and the school, but is he really the best head coach in the country? I don't know who will be the next coach, but I can imagine that a lot of people were scratching their heads back in 68 when Bo replaced Bump.

How is Miles the Classless Idiot in all of this? No matter what rumor you believe, one of the "facts" in the whole circus was the Les seemed pretty angry about the apparent leak of information from UM before his team was to play for the SEC Championship. Seems to me your lack of class may be a little closer to home?

Miles has a history of shooting off at the mouth and causing controversies. For example, I recall earlier this year (perhaps it was during the summer) where he made some statements about Alabama and Saban. I don't recall the exact quote but seem to recall that Miles used some vulgar language. That's not the type of image I want from the coach of my alma mater.

As for the leak of the information, I have not read or heard anything that credibly identifies who was Herbstreit's and ESPN's source. However, Miles's impatience is what caused the whole circus. Michigan did not have permission to talk to Miles until after the SEC championship game. Perhaps Herbstreit got the tip from some third-party with a (sweater?)vested interest in creating some chaos.

That mis-pronuciation of Arkansas came at an unfortunate time, but I think it was a pretty honest mistake. You see, Les use to be the coach of Oklahoma State, who plays Kansas and Kansas St every year. The Arkansas River is pronounced Ar-kan-Sas River in kansas. None the less, it was a bulletin board material mistake.

Les might not always sound like the smartest guy in the room, but considering his record of 33-6 at LSU over the last 3 years, he apparently knows a little bit about X's and O's.

I was about to say something about Les's intelligence, but then I realized I would be hoisted on my own petard, seeing as we are both proud alums of the U of M.

Speaking of the intellectually chalenged, where again was the UM AD during a very crucial weekend as far as the future of his football program was concerned?

According to one source, Bill Martin was at Ocean Reef in Key Largo. Frankly, with the weather in Michigan being what it was this past weekend, I don't blame him one bit.

I know OSU will travel very well, but will not argue with the home field advantage this year for the SEC. Though, you may be stretching it a little concerning Tempe last year.

Which part was I stretching about Tempe? Oh, I get it. No, I wasn't arguing a home-field bias on that one (if anything, OSU had come to think of Tempe as their home away from home--which made last year all that much more diappointing).

I don't know what to expect from the game. I think OSU's team is truthfully a year away from being championship-quality (assuming most everybody comes back). That said, in a year when everybody is flawed, I think they've got a shot. If LSU jumps out to a quick lead early then I think they're in trouble, but if they keep their cool and don't beat themselves (ie, they don't abandon the running game to play catch-up), I think they've got a much better shot than most people are giving them credit for.

And don't underestimate pride as a motivating factor. Last year's game was difficult to swallow. Most of the guys who started in that game are long gone, but this team has been living with the fallout from that game all year. It clearly altered the national perception of not only the program but the whole damned conference. I'm pretty sure this team would love nothing more than to serve up a big helping of STFU. If that doesn't get them fired up, I don't know what will.

Perhaps Herbstreit got the tip from some third-party with a (sweater?)vested interest in creating some chaos.

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THOSE GUYS FELL FOR MY EVIL PLOT! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!"

tressel.jpg

Actually, I'm relieved. I never understood why everyone thought he would be the best coach that UofM could get. Sure, he has the well known ties to Bo and the school, but is he really the best head coach in the country? I don't know who will be the next coach, but I can imagine that a lot of people were scratching their heads back in 68 when Bo replaced Bump.

Miles has a history of shooting off at the mouth and causing controversies. For example, I recall earlier this year (perhaps it was during the summer) where he made some statements about Alabama and Saban. I don't recall the exact quote but seem to recall that Miles used some vulgar language. That's not the type of image I want from the coach of my alma mater.

As for the leak of the information, I have not read or heard anything that credibly identifies who was Herbstreit's and ESPN's source. However, Miles's impatience is what caused the whole circus. Michigan did not have permission to talk to Miles until after the SEC championship game. Perhaps Herbstreit got the tip from some third-party with a (sweater?)vested interest in creating some chaos.

I was about to say something about Les's intelligence, but then I realized I would be hoisted on my own petard, seeing as we are both proud alums of the U of M.

According to one source, Bill Martin was at Ocean Reef in Key Largo. Frankly, with the weather in Michigan being what it was this past weekend, I don't blame him one bit.

I don't doubt that UM will get a very good if not great head coach, and wish ya'll the best of luck to getting back to where you belong. Just a little surprised at the back lash after Miles decided to stay. Les Miles is not the best football coach in the country, but he's done a hell of a job at LSU and I really don't know anyone else I want right now. The Job he did during 2005 went alog way with me.

The statement concerning Saban and Bama was at the huge Tiger Recruiting Bash. Miles had been living in Sabans shadows since day one, and now LSU fans were in an uproar of Saban coming back to Bama. Saban made a coon ass joke that he thought was off the record and had been using some pretty back handed recruiting methods in LSU to try to steal some commitments. Miles was getting the fans fired up and said i think we have us a real rivalry with the F'in Crimson Tide. He also made a PC comment about the strength of the Pac 10 that was his opinion and shared by some others, I'm not sure if this constitutes a history.

Honestly, I seemed to remember some pretty firey tirades from one of UM's favorite coaches concerning a certain rivalry?

Maybe the leak was from Darth Vest? All I know is that LSU didn't leak anything about a deal with michigan the mornign of the SEC Champ. Game, and i'm pretty sure there weren't a whole lot of folks involved in this discussion. I'm also pretty sure herbstreit didn't just pull that off a UM message board.

None the Less, no pun intended, I wish Michigan the best of luck in it's Coaching search

Which part was I stretching about Tempe? Oh, I get it. No, I wasn't arguing a home-field bias on that one (if anything, OSU had come to think of Tempe as their home away from home--which made last year all that much more diappointing).

I don't know what to expect from the game. I think OSU's team is truthfully a year away from being championship-quality (assuming most everybody comes back). That said, in a year when everybody is flawed, I think they've got a shot. If LSU jumps out to a quick lead early then I think they're in trouble, but if they keep their cool and don't beat themselves (ie, they don't abandon the running game to play catch-up), I think they've got a much better shot than most people are giving them credit for.

And don't underestimate pride as a motivating factor. Last year's game was difficult to swallow. Most of the guys who started in that game are long gone, but this team has been living with the fallout from that game all year. It clearly altered the national perception of not only the program but the whole damned conference. I'm pretty sure this team would love nothing more than to serve up a big helping of STFU. If that doesn't get them fired up, I don't know what will.

I think it will be a great game and a close one. Agreed on pride playing a factor. This senior class has been playing for this opportunity for 3 years, not to mention their whole lives. They've set just about every record there is at LSU for wins, losses, etc for a class. They've done everything but win a National Championship, which LSU won in 2003, the year before this class became LSU tigers. Matt Flynn stayed at LSU for 3 years as a backup to Jamarcus Russlle instead of transferring, for a shot to play for a national championship his senior year. Glen Dorsey gave up first round millions for a shot to play for a national championship his senior year. Early Doucet would have probably gone in the 2nd round, but he came back for his senior year and a shot at the national championship. All three of these guys have missed games this year and been banged up, and I really hope they get to play this last game at 100%.

I think its going to be an exciting game!

Yep, and he also won the Nagurski Award for the National Defensive Player of the Year.

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

Have all of the national awards been handed out?

Brennan, Daniel, McFadden, Tebow to New York.

McFadden!

Have all of the national awards been handed out?

No, the Nagurski award Monday night sort of kicks off the week. I know Dorsey will be in Houston tonight for the Lombardi Award ceremony and then I believe thurs is the big ESPN college football awards show where they give out most of them. Heisman trophy is Sat, i think?

Sooie....Ark needs to pull the trigger soon!

:thumbup

I don't think he'll get it, but he is certainly deserving.

If Tebow gets it I'll be so upset.

Same with Brennan really. Both are the very definition of system QB's. And I don't like Daniels. I'd rather see Kevin Smith there.

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

You will probably find some people who would argue that with you. BTW...he was routinely double and triple teamed until the ninth game of the season when an illegal chop block took him out of the game. He should be close to 100% for the champ game so he and Laurenitis may be able to settle it on the field.

Something tells me the NFL won't find it rediculous come draft day.

You will probably find some people who would argue that with you. BTW...he was routinely double and triple teamed until the ninth game of the season when an illegal chop block took him out of the game. He should be close to 100% for the champ game so he and Laurenitis may be able to settle it on the field.

Something tells me the NFL won't find it rediculous come draft day.

It's only ridiculous because he's been injured for most of the year, and has been a non factor for much of the last few games.

It's only ridiculous because he's been injured for most of the year, and has been a non factor for much of the last few games.

LSU's defense has been in the top three all year and he really wasn't injured until that 9th week vs Aub. His drawing two and three people allowed the the rest of the defense to do what it did. I understand your point about the last few games and hope he's able to go 100% on Jan 7th.