• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say how nice it was for the IU football team to be looking at a bowl game for the first time since 1993. Our coach died earlier this year, and in town where basketball rules it's nice that he helped create a football program the town could be proud of too.

Sweet. I killed the old thread by invoking the name of the dreaded "Biakabutuka". :unsure

It's like saying "Candyman" three times, but you only need to say "Biakabutuka" once.

Or something like that. :stunned

I just want to say how nice it was for the IU football team to be looking at a bowl game for the first time since 1993. Our coach died earlier this year, and in town where basketball rules it's nice that he helped create a football program the town could be proud of too.

Thanks for posting this Matt. A kid from my hometown played at IU and graduated last year. Coach Hep was a father figure to him. His dad was the HS coach here and died of exactly the same thing Hep died of (a couple of years ago). I can't even imagine how he felt. But I know Justin is proud of his alma mater. :thumbup

This is almost as much fun as after Coop was fired and I was hoping OSU would hire Chris Spielman and I was ticked off that they hired some jackass from Youngstown instead.

I think Les Miles would be a gutsy call for UM in that his personality doesn't really fit the mold for UM's head coach. He seems more likely to tinker with the system, which may or may not go over well with the boosters in a place that emphasizes tradition as much as UM. But, at this point, I think that might be what the program needs. Which is why I'm pulling for Ferentz, because I think he'll just keep that status quo and I'm ok with that. :lol

ark50lsu48.gif

I don't like how they zoom right up into Les's bunghole right before the explosion. But other than that, this might be one of the funniest things I've seen on the internets in a while.

Seems like there are an awful lot of SEC head coaches lately who used to coach other SEC teams (Spurrier, Saban, Nutt ... and now possibly Tuberville? Did I miss anyone?).

Here's where I decide not to make a joke about inbreeding in the South.

Seems like there are an awful lot of SEC head coaches lately who used to coach other SEC teams (Spurrier, Saban, Nutt ... and now possibly Tuberville? Did I miss anyone?).

Here's where I decide not to make a joke about inbreeding in the South.

Tuberville also use to coach at Ole Miss. :shifty

Triple hearsay of the day: MGoBlog links to an LSU fan site message board with postings from people who have been told by those close to the team that Miles supposedly has told his team that he is taking the Michigan job - What a suprise.

MGoBlog Link