I am worriedabout all of Bama's remaining games but we damn well better not lose to auburn again. I also disagree that auburn has a pretty good team. they have zero direction and no standout players. they are as mediocre as it gets.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really angry, just depressed, because I knew Pryor's inexperience would show and it did. The angering thing is that the O-line gave enough time to throw the entire time, which means, hey, maybe we should play Boeckman for a bit, because he can actually throw. It would have opened the game up entirely, and then it gives Beanie breathing room.

Given this weeks results, I think there is going to be a Buckeye-Trojan rematch in Los Angles this January. Ohio State should come out second in the Big Ten, and provided Penn State wins out and Alabama or Texas loses, they should be in the title game. Which leaves the Rose Bowl to the Buckeyes. With Beanie healthy and Pryor improving over the season, I'm sure it'll be a much better game.

On the other hand, if Texas and Alabama win out, Penn State vs. USC is a game i'd like to see.

(this is all assuming my boys don't choke again against some lousy Pac 10 team...)

Given this weeks results, I think there is going to be a Buckeye-Trojan rematch in Los Angles this January. Ohio State should come out second in the Big Ten, and provided Penn State wins out and Alabama or Texas loses, they should be in the title game. Which leaves the Rose Bowl to the Buckeyes.

I'm not certain that the Big 11 will get two BCS berths this year even if PSU is in the MNC game. All I know is that my beloved Wolverines will be watching all of the bowls on T.V. this year.

I'm just glad I didn't call my family from the Big House when Michigan took the lead in the 3rd quarter on Saturday. Sparty was by far the better team on the field and they deserved to win that game. I'm just glad that the Minor TD reception did not result in the winning margin for Michigan because it was the wrong call and Sparty would have been justifiably pissed that they lost the game on such a bad call.

On to Purdue. Go Blue!!! Beat Purdue!!!

I'm not really angry, just depressed, because I knew Pryor's inexperience would show and it did. The angering thing is that the O-line gave enough time to throw the entire time, which means, hey, maybe we should play Boeckman for a bit, because he can actually throw. It would have opened the game up entirely, and then it gives Beanie breathing room.

Growing pains. For a big game (and a loss), I actually came away feeling pretty ok about this one. Maybe I just expected it to be much worse, honestly, who knows? :lol I was impressed with the defensive play (on both sides) all night. Pryor had trouble making reads beyond the first or second guy all night, but we knew that going in. Maybe Boeckman could have made some of those reads better, but if we're committing to Pryor, these are the kinds of games he needs to play in. Overall, he did ok--and looked most confident leading the team at the end of each half with time running out. I think that's a good sign for the future. In that closing minute there I was really starting to believe. Bad decision on that last throw--the guy was completely covered and we don't have the kind of receivers who win too many "jump ball" type situations--so I'm sure he wants that one back, but its all part of the learning process.

Congrats to JoePa and the Lions. I'm not sure yet if this is a championship caliber team, but I'm more of a believer than I was before this game. Their defense can play with anybody, but the offense is going to have to play better than this in whatever BCS game they end up in, championship or not. My Buckeyes? I expect they'll continue to get better as the season goes (dependent mostly on Pryor's learning curve) and I'd be okay with a solid Outback or CapOne Bowl game rather than seeing them get whacked again by USC or whoever. Maybe they'll be ready to give that another shot next year, but they're not there yet.

I'm just glad that the Minor TD reception did not result in the winning margin for Michigan because it was the wrong call and Sparty would have been justifiably pissed that they lost the game on such a bad call.

Fuck 'em. If that had been the difference in the score, it might have made up for the "long second" from the 2001 game.

Fuck 'em. If that had been the difference in the score, it might have made up for the "long second" from the 2001 game.

I was going to say the pass interference non-call against Desmond.

Did you go to Blimpy Burger?

Hell yeah, pre-game lunch at Blimpy, post-game dinner at Cottage Inn. I still had a good time despite the fact that the wrong team was carrying the large, ugly wooden trophy around the South end of the field at the end of the game.

Nothing against Krazy Jim's or the original Cottage Inn (love 'em both, personally), but there are better restaurants in Ann Arbor... ;)

And I'll take a burger from Casey's over a blimpy burger. :)

Nothing against Krazy Jim's or the original Cottage Inn (love 'em both, personally), but there are better restaurants in Ann Arbor... ;)

True, but tradition plays a big role in where we eat on football Saturdays. We've been hitting those spots ever since we became alumni back in the day when Bo was still the coach.

True, but tradition plays a big role in where we eat on football Saturdays. We've been hitting those spots ever since we became alumni back in the day when Bo was still the coach.

Yeah, I figured there was an element of tradition involved. You can't go wrong at those places ... I'm just more of an ethnic food guy.

And I'll take a burger from Casey's over a blimpy burger. :)

Huh. Never been there, though I've been by it many times. I'll give it a try sometime.

Huh. Never been there, though I've been by it many times. I'll give it a try sometime.

I go back to ann arbor once a year for the holidays with my wife (she's from Ypsi). We always meet friends at Casey's tavern for a burger and few pints of Bells and then hit Angelo's for breakfast the next day. At this point, I am not sure if the memories make the food taste better.

My Buckeyes? I expect they'll continue to get better as the season goes (dependent mostly on Pryor's learning curve) and I'd be okay with a solid Outback or CapOne Bowl game rather than seeing them get whacked again by USC or whoever. Maybe they'll be ready to give that another shot next year, but they're not there yet.

Yeah, I think we might end up in the Rose Bowl just because the Rose Bowl Committee is picky as hell with the whole Pac-10/Big Ten thing (it would certainly be a better game than 2008.09.13), but it probably would do a world of good to thrash an SEC team in the Capital One Bowl or something. To earn our cred back. I looked at the numbers and surprisingly the Big Ten in total has winning records vs. the ACC, SEC, Pac-10, and the Big 12. Larger margins vs. the ACC and Big 12, but I was quite surprised to find ourselves with winning records vs. the Pac-10 and the SEC. I suppose SEC football is simply on the rise, or, with any luck, just randomly has been a good football conference recently and will soon decline. :stunned