Details to follow.

Someone Else's Song

Sunken Treasure

California Stars

Either Way

Remember THe Mountain Bed

Black Eye

Details to follow.

Someone Else's Song and Remember The Mountain Bed were on stage with the mic. The other four were the result of the MC's (guys from the improv troupe) auctioning off the right to choose the song and then have Jeff perform it right in front of you. Front corner of the house got Sunken Treasure; back got California Stars with Jeff wiggling his butt a little bit and doing a singalong; middle got Either Way with Jeff sitting on the winner's spot at the bar; and Black Eye went to a corner of the house.

Sorry this isn't more detailed or official--I'm laboring to separate the details of the night from the pure joy that's bouncing around in my brain.

I'm laboring to separate the details of the night from the pure joy that's bouncing around in my brain.

:lol no need to rush that on our account!

thanks for the great summary! wotta hoot! :yay

I left at two and have some additional comments. Jeff was in great spirits and is to be commended for coming to this event year after year and raising so much money. Three living room auctions went for $20,000 each. Just awesome that people support this cause and that amount keeps going up year after year. I know there are people on this list involved - way to go!

The gentleman in the back was able to play along with Jeff on what looked like an invisible kazoo during his song! Very coordinated. To give everyone the idea, Sunken Treasure cost between $200-300. California Stars went for $800 and Heather (the organizer who is friends and has seen Jeff perform Black Eye at Lounge Axe for a few bucks) paid four figures for Black Eye. Really awesome. A signed event poster went for $400, a custum made purse built from Jeff's guitar strings and strap, from last night's guitar, to be made by one of the Deel sisters went for $750 and a signed set of the wilco toy figures went for a few hundred bucks. Congrats to everyone especially Heather, the performers, and the kids who will benefit.

This was my fourth or fifth straight year and I thought the comedy was the best it has ever been. My face hurts from laughing so much.

This was my fourth or fifth straight year and I thought the comedy was the best it has ever been. My face hurts from laughing so much.

I came in about half an hour after the event started and thus missed any introductions they may have given. Do you know anything about the core comedy group? I assumed they were Second City e.t.c. people but I only saw one of them listed on the cast page. I did a google search and found a few more of them used to be in a group at iO together, but still didn't find anything about the line-up we saw last night. They were great and I'd love to see them again. Improv can be so hit-and-miss but overall these guys rocked it.

Do you know anything about the core comedy group?

They are pretty all pretty much Second City members or alumni. A bunch have been doing it for so long that even though they've moved to LA and hit the big time (Sonic Burger/ Stranger Than Fiction) they flew in. Most of the 24 hour ers have been doing it for multiple years. I don't think you can catch them in their own show together. Like Heather said, it is a one night a year thing.

...and Heather (the organizer who is friends and has seen Jeff perform Black Eye at Lounge Axe for a few bucks) paid four figures for Black Eye...

:thumbup Nice one, Heather!

...a custum made purse built from Jeff's guitar strings and strap, from last night's guitar, to be made by one of the Deel sisters went for $750...

:lol I really hope whoever won this thing is on VC, and will post pictures for us.

I really hope whoever won this thing is on VC, and will post pictures for us.

Me too! I think most people here assumed this item was a clever joke when we first heard about it. I know I did. :lol Awesome!

Does anybody have the Blisters setlist? They were very fun to watch. Are all their songs covers or are some original. One had a Spiders feel to it...

Their main set was all originals, though I'm not sure anyone but them and maybe their parents know what the titles are. Their encore was covers of "She Don't Use Jelly" and "Sweet Home Alabama," which are among their "standards."

At one point, one of the comedians sitting in the front row yelled out for "Heavy Metal Drummer," which is I guess a little bit of a running joke. Spencer, not missing a beat, looked over with a little smile and said, "Maybe next year."

As a band, they definitely have come a long way since their first show at Letters to Santa a few years ago. :thumbup