Just picked up my old copy of the RS from my mother's house.

PGP%20158.5.jpg

What bobbob said.

I always wonder what the world would be like if he was still walking in it, that mind full of vibrant paradox.

I was 10 and I knew is was something of a big deal. He was a Beatle, and I knew what that was.

But when my 5th grade teacher suddenly changed our reading assignment to a discussion of "poetry" that included "Woman" and "Crippled Inside", it really hit home. This guy was just cool.

I always wonder what the world would be like if he was still walking in it, that mind full of vibrant paradox.

I've wondered about this over the last, almost 3, decades. Happy Birthday John. 68! whoa!

Happy Birthday to a great man!

P.S. My oldest daughter had to do an assignment a couple of weeks ago for her 6th grade Social Studies class and it was all about 'Imagine'. I was very happy and proud. :D

"How Do You Sleep?" came up on shuffle yesterday as I was cruising around. Lennon was not a man you wanted on your bad side :lol What on Earth do you think McCartney thought when he first heard that?

John is missed. Rock could use more truly dangerous megastars.

Who knew listening to "Imagine" was the same as listening to a song about rainbows and unicorns (Donavan anyone..??)...see the election thread....

I do think John would be rolling over in his grave if he thought his song wasn't about anything real (that goes for Give Peace a Chance, etc....)

LouieB

"How Do You Sleep?" came up on shuffle yesterday as I was cruising around. Lennon was not a man you wanted on your bad side :lol What on Earth do you think McCartney thought when he first heard that?

As a teenager, I loved that shit.

First, the cover of Ram:

ram.jpg

Then Johnny's in album artwork for Plastic Ono Band:

lennon_postcard-fondles_pig.jpg

:lol

First, the cover of Ram:

Then Johnny's in album artwork for Plastic Ono Band:

I often get choked up when I see Paul interviewed or talking about John these days. They went through some bad times, but it's as if you can see deep into him and you can see how much he loved John and how much he misses him. Also, how much he looked up to him. Those bad times and those good times make them so human to me. Just like any other two best friends. Caught in a whirlwind.

Maybe I am reading too much into nothing, but I really don't think so.