I remember Lennon's assassination all too well. My 18th birthday. Ronnie the Ray-Gun had just been elected the month before, and to make matters worse the Peanut Farmer had just reinstituted mandatory conscription. Not the way you would want to begin your adult years for sure.

I was devastated for days...I was too young to feel the impact of JFK RFK MLK but this just hit really hard. Thanks jc4prez. I'll check out the blog when I get home.

i think i would have had a breakdown if i'd been alive for this. it tears me up enough just to think about it. when george died i bawled and had to excuse myself from my h.s. english class......

i've been listening to tons of beatles stuff the last few days and it really wipes me out to think how much more music he could have made over the last 27 years

I was in Jr. Hi at the time and I remember it distinctly. Unfortunately my sentiment at the time was, "Hey, sorry he died but what's the big deal?" I understood why someone being killed was a big deal, but I had no real frame of reference as to just how important he really was to society as a whole. I was really just starting to get into music that wasn't whatever crappy 70's soft-rock schlock my parents happened to have on the car radio. As I started to dig deeper I began to realize why so many had been affected so deeply.

As for Chapter 27, I think it really depends on how well it's done. Considering it has Lindsay Lohan, I hold little hope.

remembering the moment i heard the news is my generation's jfk moment. it was that significant. he had just released double fantasy and it was all over the radio.

in celebration of his life, yoko erected the peace tower: imaginepeace

it opened this year. it is illuminated from his birthday, oct. 9, until dec. 8, to reminds us of just how precious and short our lives are. i like to think, even though he is not here anymore, we all shine on. i'm grateful that yoko continues their work on spreading the power of peace.

One of the saddest day's of my childhood was when he died. To this day, if I'm not in the right frame of mind I can't listen to Empty Garden with out blubbering like a little girl.

The greatest of the greats.

John_Lennon_2.jpg

> I wasn't even a twinkle in my mother's eye yet when he died

well, my mum said she had a tear in her eye. i was only 3 years old at time, but mum was big big Beatles fan and saw them here in 64 as a screaming young girl at festival hall. RIP John. she introduced me to the band at Day 1

remembering the moment i heard the news is my generation's jfk moment. it was that significant. he had just released double fantasy and it was all over the radio.

I remember Double Fantasy playing all the time around the time of his death. "Starting Over" and "Woman" in particular. And of course "Imagine" became the song most closely assosiated with that day. I was 14 at the time and December 8th always brings back sad memories of that day/period for me as it's one of my brother's birthdays, as well.

I always get a melancholy feeling recalling the emotion that surrounded the entire event. Just a heavy memory overall.

I was 5. Don't remember much of anything about that day except that I saw my mom crying and asked her what was wrong. She pulled me aside and said, in that voice of hers, someone special died today. I think I understood as well as any 5 year old could.

RIP John.

just listened to "Love" and had to post the lyrics here

Love is real, real is love,

Love is feeling, feeling love,

Love is wanting to be loved.

Love is touch, touch is love,

Love is reaching, reaching love,

Love is asking to be loved.

Love is you,

You and me,

Love is knowing,

We can be.

Love is free, free is love,

Love is living, living love,

Love is needing to be loved.

I've always had a natural penchant for hyperbole but stiil I cannot overstate the importance of the Plastic Ono Band album. It's just one of the most cathartic things a person could ever listen to.

I've always had a natural penchant for hyperbole but stiil I cannot overstate the importance of the Plastic Ono Band album. It's just one of the most cathartic things a person could ever listen to.

i'm currently downloading the home recording sessions for that album :thumbup

• 9 months later...