Interesting comment about "evidence" of Jeff's production. I have nearly all the records he has produced in the last few years and aside from his playing and his choice of session people, I am curious what you mean by that.  What should I be listening for that is evidence of his production.  Seriously curious about this.

LouieB

• 3 weeks later...

Huge RT fan here; but also not blown away by his set this weekend as his catalog can be hit or miss for me. He likes to often play some stuff I'm not terribly fond of, and some of my favorites I have never heard him do. Hmph. The highlight of his Solid Sound was that heavy version of For Shame of Doing Wrong, which I'd never heard him do with the full band before. Still, (no pun intended) it was great to see him, and I did like the fact he doesn't shy away from playing new stuff, and that he mixes up his sets drastically from tour to tour.

There's a really good interview with RT on Premier Guitar's FB page.  He goes into some detail with regard to JT's production style.

I'd link to it, but for some reason, this forum won't let me post links (or quote others.)  Anyone know why that might be?

There's a really good interview with RT on Premier Guitar's FB page.  He goes into some detail with regard to JT's production style.

I'd link to it, but for some reason, this forum won't let me post links (or quote others.)  Anyone know why that might be?

is this the one?

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/22713-richard-thompson-the-incomparable-alchemist