• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tapecity.org

dime a dozen

FLAC

no thanks for this

well, i appreciate the mp3 thread. i just want a taste of the show and don't want to convert etc. flac aud recording is nothing special.

in addition, why do a handful of people on this forum always jump into every thread and make some jackass remark? just keep your toolishness to yourself for god's sake.

craig

I respect A-man's opinion on this, but as someone who doesn't want to get involved with the whole torrents thing, I am grateful, IRDB.

I respect A-man's opinion on this, but as someone who doesn't want to get involved with the whole torrents thing, I am grateful, IRDB.

i'll second or third the thanks but yeh, y'all don't go and try and trade this version of the show. bad form.

It's not my opinion - but rather a standard practice in the bit torrent live show community. I use to post stuff for people in Mp3 also - as we all know. Some dudes had a talk with me and I came to see that they were right. As I have said before - on the other message boards I look at - it is not cool to post whole shows in Mp3 format. If people cannot do BT, then they do a B&P vine deal. There are others who could speak to this - why they don't - I do not know. At the end of the day, I don't control such things here - and really - I am not telling people what to do - that would be pointless. I am simply passing on information.

It's not my opinion - but rather a standard practice in the bit torrent live show community. I use to post stuff for people in Mp3 also - as we all know. Some dudes had a talk with me and I came to see that they were right. As I have said before - on the other message boards I look at - it is not cool to post whole shows in Mp3 format. If people cannot do BT, then they do a B&P vine deal. There are others who could speak to this - why they don't - I do not know. At the end of the day, I don't control such things here - and really - I am not telling people what to do - that would be pointless. I am simply passing on information.

I know that you are correct on this, that it is SOME peoples opinions that posting in lossless quality should be a set as a standard. However, some people really don't give a shit. If its an AUD copy, or the files are massive after converted, I'd rather have MP3. As for SBD or MATRIX live shows, I do agree that FLAC or SHN sounds a little better. I am all for sendspace, mediafire and whatnot, and whatever version is sent. It's not like I'm going to listen to this show more than once. Taking the extra time to download and convert just isn't worth it. I'd just not listen if it was FLAC. Just my .02.

Personally, I am going to wait for some torrents to spring up that were created by tapers that were closer to the stage.

I got the 1st version from Dime and it is not bad.

No guarantee that a better recording will come out...plus good chance all Zep torrents will be pulls from these sites ala Allman Bros.

I know that you are correct on this, that it is SOME peoples opinions that posting in lossless quality should be a set as a standard. However, some people really don't give a shit.

I think the issue for some people is that a lot of tapers prefer that the shows they've taped and distributed don't get passed around as mp3s. And I definitely feel their opinions should be given serious consideration.

I think the issue for some people is that a lot of tapers prefer that the shows they've taped and distributed don't get passed around as mp3s. And I definitely feel their opinions should be given serious consideration.

Sweet.

Do you think that Zeppelin allowed the taper to tape their show? Their first show in how many years?

As a general matter, I stick to the etiquette of not converting to mp3 and distributing, but I did laugh at your point. Imagining a taper getting upset about unauthorized distribution of a recording he/she made without authorization. :lol

As a general matter, I stick to the etiquette of not converting to mp3 and distributing, but I did laugh at your point. Imagining a taper getting upset about unauthorized distribution of a recording he/she made without authorization. :lol

My point exactly.

Oh, I totally see your point. I see valid points on both sides of this argument, no question. But my thinking is that I'm going to err on the side of caution, and not piss off any tapers, considering that I've downloaded so many shows and therefore benefited from their (entirely voluntary) hard work.