mp3s sendspace of the zeppelin reunion

Oh, I totally see your point. I see valid points on both sides of this argument, no question. But my thinking is that I'm going to err on the side of caution, and not piss off any tapers, considering that I've downloaded so many shows and therefore benefited from their (entirely voluntary) hard work.

Me too. I wasn't agreeing with Szabo, but I did laugh thinking about his point. It was a fair point re unauthorized recordings.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have much respect for the tapers. Without them I honestly wouldn't be the person I am today. I lived off of Dead shows through High School, which obviously started my obsession with live music. I know that some of them ask not to trade or convert their shows to certain formats, but regardless, it is spreading the music. As I said before, I would never spread a copy of a show that I had converted, but I do occasionally convert them because of file sizes.

I know that some of them ask not to trade or convert their shows to certain formats, but regardless, it is spreading the music.

Oh, absolutely, I can definitely see the point there. Just wanted to point out that there are valid reasons behind asking people not to send stuff in mp3. :thumbup

I suppose if somebody took one of my stories and left out every third word, I'd be pissed too.

I suppose if somebody took one of my stories and left out every third word, I'd be pissed too.

It'd be more like if somebody took your stories, and changed the artwork on the cover. Because technically the band is producing the music, the taper is just preserving it.

I was aiming more for drawing a comparison between tapers being irked at their work being distributed in a diminished form and what I do (journalism). I wouldn't be happy if someone transcribed one of my stories incorrectly, is what I mean.

anyone want to trade for it on CD?.. cant do torrents

Same here. My cdr list linky is on my profile. I'd appreciate it greatly. :thumbup

I'll send it to you guys - no problem.

:thumbup If you see anything on my list that strikes your fancy just let me know and it's yours.

:thumbup If you see anything on my list that strikes your fancy just let me know and it's yours.

I have not even listened to what you sent me yet. You are getting something from August West - I think he mailed it Tuesday.

It's bad form to convert to mp3 and *trade* the show as if it were lossless. Passing it around strictly for mp3 listening is not bad form. Burning it to CD via MP3 and saying "this is lossless, enjoy" is bad form.

Besides, 99% of these shows are crappy audience recordings, so it doesn't matter anyway.

"oooh....I lost some fidelity on that guy clapping next to the taper!"

It's bad form to convert to mp3 and *trade* the show as if it were lossless. Passing it around strictly for mp3 listening is not bad form. Burning it to CD via MP3 and saying "this is lossless, enjoy" is bad form.

I agree. The assumption is that one will inevitably lead to the other, but that's on those burning CD files from MP3s.

LZ Show - part 1 of 4

LZ Show - part 2 of 4

LZ Show - part 3 of 4

LZ Show - part 4 of 4

These are FLAC files - in Winzip. I broke the file into four folders - to make for easier downloading. I did not change the file names - they are exactly as I got them.

If anyone who wants this can't grab it this way - let me know.

Note - I did not post this out of malice - but rather as a result of a request for the FLAC files.

I am listening to this just now for the first time - I think it's pretty good. The vocals seem to have the strongest presence - but, that's cool, as Robert is still one of the best singers of all time. It's not 1973, but so what.

Jason is not his father - watch TSRTS - but he is nailing it pretty good on Nobody's Fault But Mine.