Shows are selling out fast

I think it's pretty darn cool that every date in February is sold out except for Charleston (which will probably sell out soon).. Good for Wilco.. I don't remember the shows earlier this year selling out that fast. But I just hope it's not because of the ticket brokers/scalpers are buying them all up..

Well, actually it's not cool for everyone that can't go to these shows.. Or have to pay a scapler.. :ohwell

I think it's pretty darn cool that every date in February is sold out except for Charleston (which will probably sell out soon).. Good for Wilco.. I don't remember the shows earlier this year selling out that fast. But I just hope it's not because of the ticket brokers/scalpers are buying them all up..

Well, actually it's not cool for everyone that can't go to these shows.. Or have to pay a scapler.. :ohwell

I agree.

I am happy for the success of Wilco, even though it means that I wont be able to get tickets that easily anymore. They truely deserve it.

Having scalpers rape tickets sales is a testament of their success.

But I just hope it's not because of the ticket brokers/scalpers are buying them all up..

But that is a big reason. I check everyday and hundreds of tickets are available on the broker sites. That said, I agree that Wilco deserve a rabid fanbase and more money. Except the brokers stand to make a hell of a lot of the money. The good thing is that thus far, the broker tickets aren't selling much. Hang in there, ya'll and prices'll drop like the broker I decked in a dream last night. :thumbup

But that is a big reason. I check everyday and hundreds of tickets are available on the broker sites. That said, I agree that Wilco deserve a rabid fanbase and more money. Except the brokers stand to make a hell of a lot of the money. The good thing is that thus far, the broker tickets aren't selling much. Hang in there, ya'll and prices'll drop like the broker I decked in a dream last night. :thumbup

Yes, I predict by days before shows, tickets will be at face value.

While I am happy that Wilco is gaining more fans, it makes me mad that scalpers do that. It's not a testament of success, just a testament of true fans getting screwed into paying a hell of a lot of money.

You're right, we are getting screwed but scalpers wouldnt be buying up tickets for an artist that didnt have a high demand already. I am with you on hating scalpers/brokers. I am way on board with you on that one, not just from Wilco.

On a financial standpoint, I'm sure Wilco is laughing all the way to the bank when brokers buy up their tickets, but Wilco is a band that really does care about their fans.. I don't believe they are in it for the money and I'm sure it upsetts them to see their fans having to bend over for the brokers..

Must be those VW ads.

You know, it really must be actually.. A lot of people saw those commercials and said "man, who is that band.. that's great stuff..".. Next thing you know, they go out and buy SBS and realize they have many other albums, pick those up too, and they become hooked for life.. And of course go to a show, because everyone knows Wilco is amazing live.

Yes, I also put this in the 9:30 thread, so ban me: Okay, clearly something needs to be changed. Several broker sites have numerous tickets for the 9:30 Club shows for sale. One site is asking $140 a piece! WTF? The presale isn't for a couple of weeks!!

Yes, I also put this in the 9:30 thread, so ban me: Okay, clearly something needs to be changed. Several broker sites have numerous tickets for the 9:30 Club shows for sale. One site is asking $140 a piece! WTF? The presale isn't for a couple of weeks!!

Something does need to be changed.. Lets all start writing our congressmen!

Pre-Katrina it would have! I saw local favorites and mine the Rebirth Brass Band at Howlin Wolf in August and only maybe a dozen people showed up. After the first set and break at midnight, the band returned to find only me there! Sure, the Saints were playing a preseason game but the population there isn't capable of supporting shows during the week. I would drive down if it were a weekend. Tips is one of my top couple clubs anywhere!!

If anyone wants to donate to a very worthwile organization, this is it! I've given close to a paycheck this year.

www.tipitinasfoundation.org

WTF??!!

Why? I hope theres a dozen people at the wilco show :ninja

it shouldn't be suprising they are selling out fast, wilco is quickly becoming the next big thing 8 years too late

i'm not saying they're underground, just that with sky-blue-sky they pushed it to the point they are at now. i'm not blaming the VW commercials, but ever since that they've been all over the radio. i just think they really tried to push sky blue sky and they succeeded.

Pre-Katrina it would have! I saw local favorites and mine the Rebirth Brass Band at Howlin Wolf in August and only maybe a dozen people showed up. After the first set and break at midnight, the band returned to find only me there! Sure, the Saints were playing a preseason game but the population there isn't capable of supporting shows during the week. I would drive down if it were a weekend. Tips is one of my top couple clubs anywhere!!

If anyone wants to donate to a very worthwile organization, this is it! I've given close to a paycheck this year.

www.tipitinasfoundation.org

Actually, selfishly (and please don't beat me up here!), a bit smaller crowd at Tip's wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing! We were at the '02 show there, and the crowd was nearly unbearable -- we wound up escaping upstairs and just listened and watched them on the monitors. The show rocked, though!

How do back to back shows in the same city usually work as far as setlists go? I bought two tickets to the second show at Tip's. After Christmas, if tickets are still available for the first show, I'll strongly consider buying a couple to that one as well, but money's a slight issue as of now. But say that they play, oh i don't know, "war on war" or something on the first night, does that mean they probably will not play it the next night? I guess nobody knows for sure what they got up their sleeve, but how does it generally work? Thank ye.

So if it says Ticket Web doesn''t have any more tickets, the show is sold out? Both from the Wilco site and the Venue's site say that. I only was able to get Tuesday night tickets for New Orleans, and it was $29/ticket. Wednesday night is apparently sold out and going on ebay for $67/ticket. That's crazy. Any ideas where I can find two Wednesday nights for cheaper?