The Beers I Must Drink Before I Die Thread

Blasphemy!

German beer is a love it or hate it proposition, for the most part. So hoppy. So very, very hoppy. I don't like such bitterness.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blasphemy!

I'm from Germany, so I am free to blaspheme :lol

(is that even a word?!) :unsure

German beer is a love it or hate it proposition, for the most part. So hoppy. So very, very hoppy. I don't like such bitterness.

There we go :thumbup

I :wub German beer, but I prefer English beer. :thumbup

:yes

I love hoppy beers. The more aromatic and bitter, the better. Most of the German beers I've had weren't that hoppy. It's hard to beat a German wheat beer.

I :wub German beer, but I prefer English beer. :thumbup

Me too.

I'm from Germany, so I am free to blaspheme :lol

Fair enough. Though being from Germany upgrades it from blasphemy to heresy! ;)

oooh, I must track these down and try them. I love a good stout that you can chew on!

You can usually find Samuel Smith at any store that sells specialty/imported beer. Down here, we have Greens.. Or Total Wine.. Everytime I go to Greens, it's mandatory for me to pick-up a Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout.. Mmm.. The dark, oatmeally, goodness...

SamuelSmithOatmealStout.jpg

My current favorite is Blue Moon's Full Moon Winter Ale.

Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat always makes me happy.

Never underestimate the joys of cheap beer. Give me a Stag in the right situation, and it's perfection.

Fair enough. Though being from Germany upgrades it from blasphemy to heresy! ;)

:upset Especially since I live about 15 mins away from Warstein, and 5 mins to Krombach from our 2nd residency, and Bitburg isn't too far either :o I'll go in the corner.

Now this looks what I would call a great brew :w00t

I am a big fan of Brooklyn Breweries, most of their products are delicious, if you are feeling daring go for the chocolate stout, its near impossible to have more than one (they are thick as tar and over 10% ABV but well worth it).

I am also a big fan of Harpoon, specifically UFO which is an unfiltered IPA I believe.

I am a big fan of Brooklyn Breweries, most of their products are delicious, if you are feeling daring go for the chocolate stout, its near impossible to have more than one (they are thick as tar and over 10% ABV but well worth it).

Yep, that's a good one. 2 is probably my limit with these. I think once I tried going for 3--I forced it down because it would be a shame to waste it, but I should have stopped at 2. :lol

my beer snobbery be damned, i will say i had a few PBR's in the bleachers at a Cubs game earlier this year on a beautiful Friday afternoon when they beat the Brewers on a walk-off HR, and they tasted pretty damn good! so yeah, sometimes the circumstances dictate the taste!

I have strong intentions of downing several ice-cold PBRs at my favorite dive bar (where you can get PBR or Budweiser, and that's it, and you better not want any of them on tap) while throwing money at the best jukebox in the area tomorrow night. Cheap beer + a little Doug Sahm, Mitch Ryder, Dusty Springfield, The Clash, and the MC-5, and I'll be a happy girl.

I have strong intentions of downing several ice-cold PBRs at my favorite dive bar (where you can get PBR or Budweiser, and that's it, and you better not want any of them on tap) while throwing money at the best jukebox in the area tomorrow night. Cheap beer + a little Doug Sahm, Mitch Ryder, Dusty Springfield, The Clash, and the MC-5, and I'll be a happy girl.

Lucky you! I'll be downing Utica Clubs (in a bottle-fancy!) at the nastiest dive bar in upstate NY. Only REO Speedwagon and Foreigner on the jukebox, tomorrow I'll wake up with a headache and my hair smelling of chickenwings and fish fry. At least I will have spent only few dollars, and that will include buying rounds for friends!

I look forward to enjoying free cheap shitty beer tonight at a show with my band.. Yeah, the bar is kind of a dive out in the middle of nowhere, but they pay well and they give us free beer.. I'll be drinking the good stuff while visiting family later next week. After I make my visit to Greens and pickup up some:

my beer snobbery be damned, i will say i had a few PBR's in the bleachers at a Cubs game earlier this year on a beautiful Friday afternoon when they beat the Brewers on a walk-off HR, and they tasted pretty damn good! so yeah, sometimes the circumstances dictate the taste!

Even Old Style tastes good at Wrigley. Unless it's been mixed with your tears, as happens at so many Cubs games...

Lucky you! I'll be downing Utica Clubs (in a bottle-fancy!) at the nastiest dive bar in upstate NY.

Where might that be?

The keyboard player for REO Speedwagon is from Belleville, Illinois, too.

REO Speedwagon never plays St. Louis, probably because the keyboardist hates us all.

Oops. Wrong topic.