it still really shakes me when i think about the fact he's gone. i still can't believe it.

the thing i loved most about joe was the fact he'd stay after the show until every fan that wanted to talk to him or get an autograph/picture with him got to. that's a true rockstar.

you'll never be forgotten my friend.

Thanks for everything, Joe. You were the first to truly speak to me with music, and you still do.

Somewhere in my soul

There's always rock and roll.

I wrote this a little over a year ago, after seeing Wilco in Pennsylvania and catching a special exhibit on The Clash at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame for my birthday. It's long-winded and I don't get to the Wilco/The Clash stuff until the last half, but it encompasses Joe's impact on my life.

I so loved Joe's Christmas card that his friends received the week he died. His widow Lucinda Mellor has recently discovered a "treasure trove" of cartoons and memorabilia in suitcases.

I have a feeling this could be good...Strummer Art.

*blows kisses to the sky*

i know i've already posted in here twice, but i don't care.

i remember in middle school when good charlotte and blink 182 got big and EVERYONE decided they wanted to be punk. they all started shopping at hot topic and wearing chuck taylors and ragged clothes. i remember getting bashed because i listened to the clash. the general consensus was that the clash were "some shitty pop band" and they weren't punk at all. back in those days it pissed me off when i heard that, but i find it hilarious now.

i don't know why i told that story, i just enjoy it.

I was sort of a second generation hippie so I never really subscribed to any punk "ethos" (whatever that means) but I will say this: Joe Strummer was truly a righteous individual and his music touched me deeply. There will never be another Joe - rest in peace brother. :worship

I was going to say something about how I saw that video shortly after he died and how it still makes me cry even today, but when I opened up the fast reply box no words came into my head. Music is everything to me and Joe was the one who first showed me it's beauty.

The first part of that newish biography on him is really quite moving.

I saw Joe about 6 months before he passed, and I'm thankful I did. His music sounds so vibrant and relevant today as it did 10 years ago when I started listening to him. His solo work was intriguing, fresh, and never bordered on being a Clash-retread. I miss the guy, and it sounds strange when people say something to that effect having never actually met him. But I suppose I miss his potential output, the shows he never played, and his character. He was the real deal.