did you know...

Guest David Puddy
You have to remember that Wilco fans these days did not get to Wilco via the Alt-Country movement - and probably know nothing about that music - or even listen to it.

this is true. i know quite a few people that listen to wilco and haven't ever even heard being there or a.m., let a alone the UT stuff. which is just idiotic. i jumped aboard after summerteeth, but made sure to check out the back catalog - can't understand why you wouldn't.

this is true. i know quite a few people that listen to wilco and haven't ever even heard being there or a.m., let a alone the UT stuff. which is just idiotic. i jumped aboard after summerteeth, but made sure to check out the back catalog - can't understand why you wouldn't.

Perhaps it's not the kind of music they like to listen to?

I still have no UT albums.

I've had the greatest hits CD for a while, as well as some live bootlegs. I just got March 16-20, 1992 for Christmas. And yeah, I came on board with YHF. If nobody new came along with each album they wouldn't be able to keep going.

And no A-man, I'm not complaining about your comment. You're right about Wilco fans not knowing the old stuff. I'm like Senor Puddy - I worked backwards from YHF. It felt really weird by the time AGIB came out - a NEW Wilco album? That's not right!

I was lucky enough to start college at the U of Missouri in 1991, where Uncle Tupelo was a fixture on the live music scene. I feel like I've grown along with the music, which makes me somewhat of a dork. A happy dork who happened to be in the right place at the right time.

I don't know if I would be such a huge Wilco fan had I not first been a UT fan and a Wilco fan from the beginning, but that's just me. YHF and everything that's followed doesn't sound like anything else I listen to. I don't think they necessarily would have grabbed my attention without the history I've had, even though I love the albums now. Getting the experience of hearing them from the beginning and witnessing the changes and growth has been really interesting. Not better, just interesting. I'm glad they're still drawing in new fans with each subsequent album.

That said, "Anodyne" is a must-have. Just a good, rocking piece of work. I don't want to live in a world that doesn't have that Doug Sahaim/Jay Farrar duet of "Give Back the Key to My Heart".

Hey A-Man, I took some photos of the block where Uncle Tupelo lived in Belleville, if you're interested. I don't know which building their apartment was in, but I've got it narrowed down to a few.

Hey A-Man, I took some photos of the block where Uncle Tupelo lived in Belleville, if you're interested. I don't know which building their apartment was in, but I've got it narrowed down to a few.

Git R Done!

Also -

Note - I wasn't belittling anyone with what I said - just making a statement. I prefer UT and the first two Wilco albums over anything else - but - that's me - that is what moves me.

We've had this discussion here before - but I would think the majority of people here did not get into Wilco until YHF.

It's a weird layout, because of the closed brewery. Some of the buildings were torn down, so there's some mighty big, gravely lots that serve no real purpose. The neighborhood's a blend of desolation and industrial stuff.