Jonas Brothers $120 Million Dollar Deal!

I used to be in the concert business and I knew back in 1998 Billy Joel was $500,000 a show and Chili Peppers were $150,000 a show! This deal nets them almost 1 million a show! Are they going be able to sell out 140 shows? How expensive will tickets have to be for this tour! When will it stop????

From MSNBC.COM

Jonas Bros. sign $120 million-touring deal

Tween rockers will play more than 140 arena dates for Live Nation

Reuters

updated 9:16 p.m. ET, Thurs., Jan. 3, 2008

LOS ANGELES - Concert touring company Live Nation on Thursday said it reached a two-year, multimillion dollar, worldwide touring deal with tween rockers Jonas Brothers.

Live Nation caused a stir in October when it lured pop star Madonna from her long-term music label Warner Brothers with an estimated $120 million multi-album, touring and merchandising global partnership.

The Los Angeles-based company said the deal calls for the band, comprised of three siblings from New Jersey, to play more than 140 theatres and arenas around the world.

The first wave of tour dates kicks off in Tucson, Arizona on January 31.

The announcement follows the band

I bet these bands don't even actually play live - but rather mime to backing tracks - anyone know?

Yes, i saw something on CNN that showed a video where "Hannah Montana" for some parts of "songs" is not even the one on staging lip singing, she is backstage doing a costume change, to make the show go faster.

Yes, i saw something on CNN that showed a video where "Hannah Montana" for some parts of "songs" is not even the one on staging lip singing, she is backstage doing a costume change, to make the show go faster.

I think I saw that.

I saw like 2 minutes of this one night and some 14 year olds were playing flight of icarus, I thought it kinda rocked.

If they opened for the Hannah Montana tour, and that generated $36 million, why would you sign them to headline at $120 million?

Exactly what I was thinking!

Not only did the Hannah Montana show sell out every venue, but tickets were being scalped for way over face value. I'd imagine they could put these guys in more venues in more cities, for multiple nights, for higher ticket prices, and still sell out a lot of shows.

And really, if you think these guys are bad, check out that Naked Brothers link that Analogman posted. Oh dear lord...

Not only did the Hannah Montana show sell out every venue, but tickets were being scalped for way over face value. I'd imagine they could put these guys in more venues in more cities, for multiple nights, for higher ticket prices, and still sell out a lot of shows.

And really, if you think these guys are bad, check out that Naked Brothers link that Analogman posted. Oh dear lord...

I would venture to say that it was Hannah Montana that was the selling point for the majority of the tickets. I doubt so many were there just to see them??? I could be wrong.... :stunned

I would venture to say that it was Hannah Montana that was the selling point for the majority of the tickets. I doubt so many were there just to see them??? I could be wrong.... :stunned

No, I'm not saying they were the big selling point for the HM tour. My point is more that the Disney Channel is pushing these acts, and tweens are eating them up. I think they could show Lawrence Welk reruns on the Disney Channel right now, and kids would be lining up to see him "live".