People... put down the remote, step away from the TV and go read a book or paint a picture or something. Sheesh.

There's only one thing you need to know about the show - someone from the south will win. They always do.

Tom: I'll have a decaf coffee.

Trudi: I'll have a decaf espresso.

Morris Frost: I'll have a double decaf cappuccino.

Ted: Give me decaffeinated coffee ice cream.

Harris: I'll have a half double decaffeinated half-caf, with a twist of lemon.

Trudi: I'll have a twist of lemon.

Tom: I'll have a twist of lemon.

Morris Frost: I'll have a twist of lemon.

Cynthia: I'll have a twist of lemon.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen this show.

One of the guys from Teenage Bottlerocket made it to Hollywood this year, according to a post on their message board. He originally auditioned as a goof, but now he's kinda taking it seriously and is trying to win. Should be interesting.

I missed that one.

Talk radio this morning played a bit of her insane meltdown this morning. I remember something along the lines of "if I could moon you legally, i would!" and "I'm gonna try actress...actressing! And then you'll see what I can do!" She sounded very level headed.

Talk radio this morning played a bit of her insane meltdown this morning. I remember something along the lines of "if I could moon you legally, i would!" and "I'm gonna try actress...actressing! And then you'll see what I can do!" She sounded very level headed.

Rememer her immortal words, kids: Always victorious!!!!

She lives on a couch next to (too close, according to her) her Mama. She needs VICTORY.

Whether Alexis was for real or not, I really wish they hadn't put her on. One because my girls were still up at this point and two she was BEYOND ridiculous. I mean if Simon had ACTUALLY BEEN MEAN to her it might've made a little sense. But they actually complimented her, in a way. And I think they were right, with her voice and personality a 60's/70's cover band would be a much better suit.

Whatever...

We'll see what there is for us tonight.

I am firmly and shamelessly unapologetic, though.

:thumbup

The report from the school playground:

The shiny girl w/ too much make-up (aka Alexis) swore way too much!!!

Guh-reat, just guh-reat...*sigh*

I'm playing Tivo catch-up. The guy in Dallas who'd never kissed a girl? He had a key-shaped pendent and his dad wore a heart-shaped one that the key fit into? Creepiest people in the world.

Edit: I was wrong. The guy with the bag of fingernails is the creepiest person in the world. That's one step up from storing his poo in little jars in the basement.

I'm playing Tivo catch-up. The guy in Dallas who'd never kissed a girl? He had a key-shaped pendent and his dad wore a heart-shaped one that the key fit into? Creepiest people in the world.

Yes, and then when they were sitting together on the bench and his Dad showed how the key went into the heart.......That was just freaky and disturbing. You can't make this stuff up.

My mom called to tell me about the Star Wars girl....she's from my hometown. :upset

Her monologue over the montage of winners celebrating was pretty surreal, because for me it was confirming what she was going on about (to an extent), but the producers probably intended it to make her seem even crazier.

So you think they were making fun of the show, with a wink and a nod?

Sort of.

Her criticism was that they only accepted the beautiful, "normal" people, or whatever. They seemed to agree with her, but I think they're unapologetic about it. The judges sometimes tell people to lose weight or whatever--it's not a secret that disposable pop stars (I think two Idols have already been dropped from Clive Davis' label) generally fit a few specific types.

There's always a few eccentric contestants who tell the judges or the cameras that they need x or y type of person to mix things up. They don't really need any type of person other than the few types they usually have--they've got a winning formula (which will peter out eventually, but there's no avoiding that).

or cum in baggies in the closet......I went to high school with a guy who actually did that - his mom found them. Yeh, creepy. He also wore an Indiana Jones hat and talked a lot about blowing up the school.

St. Louis is such a great place!

Yes, and then when they were sitting together on the bench and his Dad showed how the key went into the heart.......That was just freaky and disturbing. You can't make this stuff up.

Yeah. That gave me the cold shivers.

Speaking of disposable pop stars who probably store bodily waste products in their closests, James Blunt is on Sesame Street right now, singing "You're Beautiful" about triangles. I kind of want to die right now. I don't want to live in a world where this exists. This can't be good for children. Or anyone.