...as I have two little girls, I join along. I like watching them get excited and root for who they like. We ALL laughed at Sanjaya and his hair. They both did want Jordin Sparks to win. And, even if by accident, I swear I hear "Just Like a Tattoo" everyday :hmm

I personally dig the first few weeks of watching all those flamboyant, ridiculous people gain their "15 minutes".

So anyone else want to step up and admit to it?!? ;)

BTW, note that I did NOT put this in 'Someone Else's Song', as that would be giving some of these people WAY TOO MUCH credit :D

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll cop to it. I watch.

I do a pool for it on another board. A lot of the ridiculous contestants seem more and more forced/gimmicky/planned each year, but it still makes for decent voyeuristic t.v. Simon's comments alone are worth the price of admission.

Man, that's offensive even to mentally-challenged people...seriously!!!

EDIT: I mean he sounds like he's making fun of them.

I will watch from time to time. Strange, though, how the show has very dated notions of what "pop music" ought to sound like--it's stuck in 1997, and the bad parts of 1997.

I can't fucking stand it. I'm not saying that because I am too concerned about my "cool" image, I am saying that because I really, really cannot fucking stand it.

It is strange to me how some of the participants think they can sing well.

At this point, I believe most of them are just doing a put-on... and the show encourages their pretense, because it makes for good TV.

I can't fucking stand it. I'm not saying that because I am too concerned about my "cool" image, I am saying that because I really, really cannot fucking stand it.

I'll second that.. And I don't even really know why I can't stand it. It just seems like a karaoke nightmare or something..

Christy Lee something....

I already forgot which one that was. Was it one of the pretty blondes that did well?!?

That Alexis was a freak!!! They really shouldn't have put her on :no

I watch, but I can't watch until the bullshit is past. I watched for about three minutes tonight, just long enough to see the freak come in with his cape and thong. Paula: "I can't get past the chest hair." Beast: "Do you want me to get it waxed? I can come back?" Paula: "Can you? yes, do that."

Wow, that was so authentic! :throwup And then Simon's the jerk-off in the big picture?

Okay. I'll say it to myself: calm down.