I already forgot which one that was. Was it one of the pretty blondes that did well?!?

The chick from Oregon with the red shirt who works with horses. She has a good voice. Or something.

There's still another 20 min. to go MST.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't fucking stand it. I'm not saying that because I am too concerned about my "cool" image, I am saying that because I really, really cannot fucking stand it.

Indeed. One of things that is ruining the music business - but, there has always been disposable pop stars, of course.

The chick from Oregon with the red shirt who works with horses. She has a good voice. Or something.

There's still another 20 min. to go MST.

k, yea she was good. I think you have one more good one to come. Another blonde.

And don't you worry, there's a bad one or two left, also ;)

Oh, I am not dissing anyone - just throwing in my two cents. Everyone likes what they they like, and watches what they watch.

I know. I just felt the need to confess. But now that's passed.

It's vapid and formulaic bunk. But there's a train-wreck quality to it I somehow can not avoid.

Word.

I managed to avoid it during the first two seasons. Season three started when I was eight months pregnant and bored out of my mind. I got sucked into the vortex.

On the plus side, I think my interest is waning. I still haven't watched tonight's episode and I'm not overwhelmed with a desire to do so.

I used to live in Dutchess county for a spell. Both Hopewell Junction and Fishkill. I think bjornicus is a little further west and north of there.

Though it could be east and south. Or north and east.

People... put down the remote, step away from the TV and go read a book or paint a picture or something. Sheesh.

There's only one thing you need to know about the show - someone from the south will win. They always do.

I watch the UK X Factor audition rounds because there is no other current outlet for village idiots to ply their trade properly, but after that it has little appeal. From what I've seen of the American village idiots they don't match up to the UK ones.

Which HP sauce do you prefer?

I watched much of the first season. Since then, almost none. I have occasionally watched some of the audition shows, because the human train wrecks can be amusing.

I've lost my taste even for that, though, because they put on so many people who show up just to be ridiculous. I'm far more interested in the people who can't carry a tune in a bucket but don't have the first clue how dreadful they are -- I have no patience for the blatant attention whores...

...or the judges. Who put Paula Abdul in charge of a singing contest? On the other hand, she was precisely the sort of talentless, manufactured pop star that this show is producing, so maybe she's the most qualified of the bunch.

Once the audition rounds are done, there's nothing to keep me watching.

At this point, I believe most of them are just doing a put-on... and the show encourages their pretense, because it makes for good TV.

As cryptique said above, there are the people who are looking for attention and are goofing on it.

But then there are the people who seem to really think they are good singers, and who have patiently waited for what must be a really long time to audition, and they can't carry a tune at all. I wish they would profile one of those people, instead of say the star wars chick or the angry one.

People... put down the remote, step away from the TV and go read a book or paint a picture or something. Sheesh.

Please. Everyone's entitled to a few moronic pleasures. I need vapidity now and again to balance intellectual activities in my life.

The show is less about interest and more about mindless entertainment for a spell. I watch when I feel like watching and turn it off when I'm bored. I am firmly and shamelessly unapologetic, though.