Two new Counting Crows songs available on their website

mrs potter's lullabye may be in my top 10 songs ever. it really gets me every time.

Agreed, and as a whole it's a great album. Love Recovering the Satalites, these two cd's got alot of play for a few years. I saw them after their last and was so frightened to call myself a fan. Hope the best for Adams newer material. I think that last one he forgot to have someone break up w/ him.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been a big fan of theirs but there was a tune that was on a Geffen sampler disc I had in the early/mid-90s called "Einstein on the Beach (For an Eggman)" that was fantastic. I don't know if it ever made it onto an official album of theirs but I have heard it on the radio from time to time.

I've never been a big fan of theirs but there was a tune that was on a Geffen sampler disc I had in the early/mid-90s called "Einstein on the Beach (For an Eggman)" that was fantastic. I don't know if it ever made it onto an official album of theirs but I have heard it on the radio from time to time.

that song was left off the debut because it was too upbeat apparently

that song was left off the debut because it was too upbeat apparently

It's not even technically a Counting Crows song, is it? I thought it was from Adam's previous demos or something like that. But I'm pretty sure it is now available as a bonus track on a greatest hits album.

As for the Counting Crows....meh. They haven't done a whole lot for me since high school. I was ultra into them then, though.

It's not even technically a Counting Crows song, is it? I thought it was from Adam's previous demos or something like that. But I'm pretty sure it is now available as a bonus track on a greatest hits album.

As for the Counting Crows....meh. They haven't done a whole lot for me since high school. I was ultra into them then, though.

ditto on the high school bit

the eggman song was on the best of disc a few years back, i think it was called "films about ghosts". before then it was on the "flying demos" circa 1991, a demo cd of various songs with various line-ups but mostly made up of the people who recorded august and everything after, so i think it could be called a counting crows song, but you'll never hear them play it because apparently duritz hates it :ohwell

I saw them along with Live during a sleet storm in Denver -- and it was outside. I thought they played pretty well, but Adam Duritz (sp?) came across as a huge douche. Then I learned his dreads were really extensions...that upped the douche-o-meter even more. Still, they have some cool tunes.

nope, they played that song when i saw them live.

the song stems from adam's insane obsession with joni mitchell.

I can understand the obsession with Joni. What I can't understand is how shitty their cover is. Isn't Michelle Freaking Branch on it?

I like Couting Crows live. I have seen them 4 times and my wife and I dig them every time. Yes, some of their songs go on way too long and he turns some songs into a spoken word marathon, but it is only on a few tunes and i can live with that. What bugs me is that they are afraid to go on a headlining tour. They usually tour with other co-headlining bands I really don't want to see (John Mayer, Collective Soul, Live, etc.).

I wanna know how the guy from the Counting Crows used to fuck everybody from 'Friends'? How the fuck'd he do it? He's an ugly motherfucker! He's fatter than me! What the fuck's he got? Money.

If the guy next to you ever bought a Counting Crows album, punch him in the face!

Counting Crows according to Robert Pollard

Counting Crows started out being mildly interesting and entertaining and quickly descended into bloated self importance.

I remember reading about them in Rolling Stone before the first album came out with Duritz proclaiming that he wanted their music to be remembered 100 years from now.

That and the story told about their first performance on Saturday Night Live. The got the obligatory two songs. The producer/music director wanted them to lead with their hit Mr. Jones. Reasonable request, right? Reportedly, Duritz pitched a hissy fit wanting to lead with Round Here. "We're trying to build a career!"

That...and the fake dreadlocks.

That and the story told about their first performance on Saturday Night Live. The got the obligatory two songs. The producer/music director wanted them to lead with their hit Mr. Jones. Reasonable request, right? Reportedly, Duritz pitched a hissy fit wanting to lead with Round Here. "We're trying to build a career!"

That is one of the songs I like by them - I think it is better than Mr. Jones.