I think the fastest I have ever been was 135 or so - in a 1969 Corvette on the interstate.

My dad had a '69 Vette convertible for a little while, a car manufactured when the original Star Trek was still on TV. Had a lot of pickup, but power nothing. A bit of a beast to handle, especially after driving modern cars for a long time.

My dad had a '69 Vette convertible for a little while, a car manufactured when the original Star Trek was still on TV. Had a lot of pickup, but power nothing. A bit of a beast to handle, especially after driving modern cars for a long time.

427?

specs

427?

specs

Nah, the smaller block. Looked nice with its new paint job (blue). Father sold it went they moved to Albuquerque. He's got a '99 now. That has a lot of pickup too, but is a much easier driving experience.

Nah, the smaller block. Looked nice with its new paint job (blue). Father sold it went they moved to Albuquerque. He's got a '99 now. That has a lot of pickup too, but is a much easier driving experience.

I'd go with the old - it's amazing how much those go for at barrett-jackson these days.

Greatest

Of

All

Time

GOAT: Greatest Of All Time.

OK. Gotcha.

I gave her a gift of driving a NASCAR car on a racetrack.

Best gift ever. Too cool.

Side note: Try sitting down with an eight to ten year old kid and watch an episode of the original series sometime.

They think, and rightfully so, that the women are all beautiful, the doctor is a crabby old man and Uhura has a salt shaker stuck in her ear.

Fun stuff.

Oh, and this is awesome.

uhura-grope-1.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice.

• 2 months later...

saw this today and I thought the amount of throwbacks to the original was perfect. It had just enough of its own identity while still paying homage to the source material. Terrific movie all around, great script, great directing, great effects and production in general, great ensemble cast. my only criticism...Tyler Perry...WTF?

Guest Hollinger.

Movie was pitch perfect. Abrams really knocked this one out of the park. I was skeptical going in, but it felt truer to "Star Trek" than anything made in the last 20 years.

I definitely liked the movie a lot, but I found the climax to be somewhat lacking. I think I needed to see a more of Eric Bana's character (so I could either hate him or feel something about him more) so that the finale would be more tense. It just kind of felt like "oh, I guess everything is resolved so its the end of the movie." I dunno.

But overall, really good. Casting, action, throwbacks, etc couldn't have been done much better.

I definitely liked the movie a lot, but I found the climax to be somewhat lacking. I think I needed to see a more of Eric Bana's character (so I could either hate him or feel something about him more) so that the finale would be more tense. It just kind of felt like "oh, I guess everything is resolved so its the end of the movie." I dunno.

But overall, really good. Casting, action, throwbacks, etc couldn't have been done much better.

I did not realize that was Eric Bana at all.

Great movie, the casting was absolutely perfect. The only one who threw me off a little was Chekhov at first because all I could see him as was Charlie Bartlett doing a russian accent.

Just saw the movie tonight, I totally enjoyed it. I know NOTHING about the Star Trek franchise other than, "Beam me up Scotty". In the car I actually said "To infinity and beyond", but I was shot down by my friends, since that is a Toy Story reference oops! This movie for a non trekkie is tremendous, one of the best action/sci fi movies I have ever seen. Only downside is,

The majority of the movie's plot takes place over the course of a few hours. I was hoping for more of an epic journey through space. However, this can only mean sequels!

• 4 weeks later...

just saw this movie last night and really enjoyed it. Bones, Chekov and Scottie were hilarious. i couldn't help from grinning ear to ear when i'd catch little references to past Star Trek shows or foreshadowing to later events in the movie. i really like what they did with the storyline and am anxiously awaiting a new Star Trek flick. did i hear somewhere that William Shatner wanted to star in another movie?

I was also extremely entertained. As speculation builds over a possible sequel and re-emergence of a certain Trek villain, is it not a no-brainer that this guy:

khan.jpg

should be played by this guy?

anton-chigurh.jpg