• New England Patriots
    • New York Giants

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.... why?

Giants off to an early lead.

I know people like the under-dog and I usually go for that too, but dont you guys wanna see the perfect season at all?

I hope for a perfect season every year, just not for this team.

Hmm.... why?

Giants off to an early lead.

I know people like the under-dog and I usually go for that too, but dont you guys wanna see the perfect season at all?

because I think everyone thinks the Patriots will win and they probably will. frankly, I'm sick of the Patriots. I would vote if the poll was "who do you want to win?"

no offense intended btw. :)

I would vote if the poll was "who do you want to win?"

no offense intended btw. :)

That is what the poll is asking. It is a question of who you want to win, so go vote Giants and support your team. They do have a chance, they almost beat them on the last game of the season. no offense taken.

As a hard-core Giants fan, I can say that this has been a huge surprise. Leading up to Sundays game at GB, every Giants fan I talked to about the game agreed that anything past beating the Cowboys was just gravy, and that made the win that much better. Looking forward, I don't expect the Giants to win, but I think they can give the Pats a run for their money. They are playing great football right now on both sides of the ball.

My hat defintely goes off to Eli Manning, who is by far and away the most scrutinized player in the NFL. In week 10, people were calling for the Giants to draft a new QB next year, saying he couldn't get it done. Of course, nobody wants to remember all of the games over the past few years where he led the Giants back in big games: beating Denver at Giants stadium in the last minute when the Broncos were 10-0, leading the Giants back to take the Seahawks into overtime in Seattle (Feely missed 3 FG's in that game), the Eagles game last year when the Ginats were down huge in the first half, and nobody remembers that in last years playoff game against the Eagles in Philly that Eli led the Giants down the field for a TD in the last 2 minutes of the game, only for the Giants D to blow it with an Akers FG as time expired. Afterall, the guy has been the starter for 3 years, and the Giants have been to the playoffs all three years. In a sport where all the experts say that winning is what defines the QB position, Eli has been overlooked and overly (and wrongly) criticized.

One thing I'm very interested in seeing in the Super Bowl: who will the crowd be pulling for? Will the crowd be rooting for the Pats to complete the perfect season, or will the crowd rally around the Giants to knock them off? If its the latter, then the Giants will have to get off to a fast start and control the clock to keep the Pats O off the field.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!

That is what the poll is asking. It is a question of who you want to win, so go vote Giants and support your team. They do have a chance, they almost beat them on the last game of the season. no offense taken.

but it says "who will win." I'll vote but...you know what I mean.

but it says "who will win." I'll vote but...you know what I mean.

I understand.

Tough situation when you are a fan of a team but think they will lose. Just got to believe. I thought the Giants would lose there first playoff game but they kept winning. They can win this, believe it.

I think the Patriots are probably a more skilled team than the Giants, but the Giants are meaner and tougher. Should be a good game.

Football can be so unpredictable, but I really think The Pats have this one in the bag. They are literally "the perfect team" this year and they will validate that with the perfect season. But I do think The Giants will give them a heck of a challenge. It's just the simple fact that the Patriots have so many options (for example, when Brady was off last weekend, they ran the ball and made it look easy).. But hell, we may be talking about this after the game how the Giants stunned the patriots to pull off the win. So we'll see, but my vote is definitely for The Patriots. Which happens to be my favorite team.. (living in Boston when they won their first Super Bowl and I've been a fan ever since...)

The Giants can do this thing. They just have to play a near-perfect game. Hey, let's not forget, they gave NE all they wanted for 3+ quarters just a few weeks ago.

It can be done. You gotta have faith.