Since I had no meetings scheduled, I decided to stay home from the office and not spend hours in the car commuting (like last night). That's the good news.

The bad news is I still have to work :hmm

What are you doing today?

Woke up early to shovel the 8 inches of snow that fell last night, took a shower, made the drive across town to the office, did some administrative stuff end of month/week stuff this morning and now waiting for my 1:30 meeting. Once that is over, its the weekend baby and I'm going to go home and shovel the additional 6-8 inches of snow that is supposed fall this morning and early p.m.

I am having a "slack" day at work today. Yesterday was sheer chaos, so I have earned the right.

I am debating between watching "Inland Empire" or "Barton Fink" this weekend, drinking coffee, and counting down until 3:30 when I can go home.

I had planned to get together with my friends so that our kids could frolic in the snow. However, my kid has opted to continue last night's tantrum-a-rama well into this morning. So instead of playing in the snow drinking cocoa, and having some comradery, we're going to be cooped up in our house by ourselves because someone thought that it would be a good idea to scream at me because I put her cereal in the wrong fucking bowl. What an idiot am I, not realizing that the plastic bowl with the boats on it is far inferior to the plastic kitty cat bowl. I could have poisoned her with those boats, for cod's sake!

Oh, and I just learned through a friend that our husbands have made plans for us to all go out for dinner tonight, then go to their house and play Rock Band. Gee, I can't wait to take Anger Child into a crowded restaurant on a Friday night. I really love learning these things through the grapevine.

I'm going to spend the day shooting anger rays from my eyes and eating Klonopin tablets like they're Skittles.

Guest David Puddy

i woke up at 6 am to see my girlfriend off - brush off her car, etc. had trouble getting it started. got yelled at a whole bunch by a stressed-out, late-for-work, nearly-in-tears girl because i don't know anything about cars. then spent an hour and a half getting to work on the good old, reliable CTA.

not the way to start a friday.

But it's a two-4-one deal. Buy the child, and you have to take the husband who makes plans and neglects to mention them.

i woke up at 6 am to see my girlfriend off - brush off her car, etc. had trouble getting it started. got yelled at a whole bunch by a stressed-out, late-for-work, nearly-in-tears girl because i don't know anything about cars. then spent an hour and a half getting to work on the good old, reliable CTA.

not the way to start a friday.

Next time, let her get up early and brush the car off. Good lord man, your a saint if you put up with that kind of BS.

My kids have a snow day here in CT, although calling whatever shit this is falling from the sky snow is a stretch. It looks like my daughter is over her fever so that is a plus. So today they will be spending some quality time in front of the tv, I am planning to knit. Yes, I am mom of the year. I will make myself feel better by enforcing a PBS only rule.

My husband is being extra-nice because he is angling to do 2 nights of the Allmann Bros. residency in NYC in May. Guys only. I am also thinking of ways to capitalize on that. Girls night tonight is a start.

So today they will be spending some quality time in front of the tv, I am planning to knit. Yes, I am mom of the year. I will make myself feel better by enforcing a PBS only rule.

Sounds like my day. Funny - the PBS show she's watching right now is about tantrums. If I hadn't been woken up at the ass-crack of dawn with a tantrum, perhaps I could use the TV show as a learning opportunity. I don't see that happening.

Some days I really, truly miss being single and childless. I do love my husband and kid, but that previous life had a lot of merit, too.

My kids have a snow day here in CT, although calling whatever shit this is falling from the sky snow is a stretch. It looks like my daughter is over her fever so that is a plus. So today they will be spending some quality time in front of the tv, I am planning to knit. Yes, I am mom of the year. I will make myself feel better by enforcing a PBS only rule.

My husband is being extra-nice because he is angling to do 2 nights of the Allmann Bros. residency in NYC in May. Guys only. I am also thinking of ways to capitalize on that. Girls night tonight is a start.

Wher in CT are you? And that AB residency sounds like a hoot.

Wher in CT are you? And that AB residency sounds like a hoot.

I'm in NW CT. My husband and his buddies have an annual thing going for the residency. From what i've heard its a real testosterone fest. Beer drinking, farting, etc. Although I do like the ABB, his friends are convinced women can't be "real" fans, therefore, no girls. Totally feeds into my "abandonment issues." :lol

Poppydawn, I took a beaded ruffled cuff class last night at my LYS, AWESOME! For a different forum, I suppose.