THE DEAD TO REUNITE MONDAY!

i am not looking for a cover band and i want to hear weir in the mix with some spacey exploratory guitar work by kimock. please please. oh, and no warren haynes.

Kimmock is obviously a great talent and adds a new level when he plays with anyone (though I tend to get tired of his own band). He's also been described by some to be difficult to work with. Ahem.

I agree with the Karan piece, but I've gotta disagree with the Warren take. He brings the grit. And I actually like his vocals.

A-man: Ratdog has gotten markedly better the last few years. Looser and more exploratory/Jazz-y. I've got some of the stuff with Kimmock from the past year that you're welcome to check out.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of all this sort of thing - I have always been curious as to how and why Phil had that album out on Columbia a few years ago. I am thinking it must have been a one shot deal.

Good question. That album was meh at best but it was done at a time when P&F was fairly stable - the lineup did not change for about 2 1/2 years or so. Too bad it didn't stay together - those guys were the uber - jammers imo.

Kimmock is obviously a great talent and adds a new level when he plays with anyone (though I tend to get tired of his own band). He's also been described by some to be difficult to work with. Ahem.

I agree with the Karan piece, but I've gotta disagree with the Warren take. He brings the grit. And I actually like his vocals.

A-man: Ratdog has gotten markedly better the last few years. Looser and more exploratory/Jazz-y. I've got some of the stuff with Kimmock from the past year that you're welcome to check out.

i wasn't totally aware of the rift with kimock and phil, but it makes sense. i agree, his band is a bit monotonous, but with others, he is great, kind of like bill frisell.

ratdog is getting into that bitches brew jazz stuff. unfair to call it a cover band. bob is not trying to be the dead, he just uses the songs as platforms for his jamming.

and i just can't get on board with warren. the dead don't need no grit. they aren't a gritty band and 'balls to the wall' solos just don't fit.

i wasn't totally aware of the rift with kimock and phil, but it makes sense. i agree, his band is a bit monotonous, but with others, he is great, kind of like bill frisell.

ratdog is getting into that bitches brew jazz stuff. unfair to call it a cover band. bob is not trying to be the dead, he just uses the songs as platforms for his jamming.

and i just can't get on board with warren. the dead don't need no grit. they aren't a gritty band and 'balls to the wall' solos just don't fit.

Supposedly Jill Lesh and Kimmock don't see eye-to-eye, too.

Warren's grit works for me and I loved him with Phil & Friends.

I saw the news about this reunion last week--but, at the time, had also heard that there was a schedule conflict and that it wasn't happening after all. If this is confirmed then it is very cool to see them back onstage together. Even better if those rumors about them touring this summer are true.

I saw the news about this reunion last week--but, at the time, had also heard that there was a schedule conflict and that it wasn't happening after all. If this is confirmed then it is very cool to see them back onstage together. Even better if those rumors about them touring this summer are true.

live tonight on iclips.net i've had an extra bounce in my step all day, don't know how ill make it through class! ( alittle green might help with that!)

so who other then me is tuning in? I'll probably drop in during set break if anyone wants to discuss the first set.

It's dragging - iclips was trying to get me to download something called an Autobahn accelerator - but I passed on that deal.

I think they are talking shit now - I always heard that they [GD] were never interested in politics back in the day.

It's dragging - iclips was trying to get me to download something called an Autobahn accelerator - but I passed on that deal.

I think they are talking shit now - I always heard that they [GD] were never interested in politics back in the day.

i've herd bobby and mickey are members of bohemian grove don't know its true but its helps add up the recent intrest in politics

That's not working either. I wonder if I need to download something (Mac)....

you need flip4mac in order for it to work