Guest Speed Racer

Try to drink Gatorade/Powerade or the like, but DILUTE IT. That stuff is way the heck more sugary than its original incarnation. Diluted non-acidic juices are also pretty good, but lack the electrolytes.

Also try to keep eating, if you can. Lack of nutrients/dehydration on top of a killer flu is a sure way to prolong discomfort.

Sleep. Don't go to work. If you feel like sleeping in bed all day, it's because you need it. Listen to your body.

Alison, PLEASE feel better soon. I remember that last time you got rocked, and it seems like it took you weeks to recover. Get that husband of yours to make you some chicken soup (or at least bring you some home after the show).

Yeah, i thought i was going to die that last time. Kris takes very good care of me so I'll be fine :) I will totally be staying home from work, though!

My 24 hour flu-kicking remedy:

half-gallon of Orange Juice, Dayquill, Nightquill... SLEEP!

I think people would kick colds/flu much faster if they can just take the time to let there body rest.

AMEN!

also keeps other people from getting sick in your office/class which ends up mutating the virus making it harder to kick the next time.

i have had a headache now for 4 days. I am sure it is sinuses. I have tried neti pot, sudafed, advil, rhinocort, heat, cold and nothing works. next up is going to be a drill in my eye to release the pressure.

Tuesday afternoon the sickness hit me like a ton of bricks [and quickly dispelled any thought of hitching a ride to Chicago with happeningstone]. I felt pretty sick yesterday[also with one of those damn headaches], but I miraculously made it out of bed after missing my first class this morning, and felt like getting out of the pajamas and doing my hair for a change.

I really want an orange julius, though. I'm craving citrus like no other.

Last week I got strep throat--hit me out of nowhere. I haven't had it since I was a kid, and I can honestly say that I don't remember it being THIS bad. Constant 103 fever and shakes/chills (which could also be attributed to the recent blast of cold weather as much as the fever). Antibiotics kicked in around 24-48 hours and the fever and sore throat gradually subsided. But here I am a week later and I still don't feel 100%. Given how horrible this bout of sickness was, I wonder if maybe I had some sort of virus going on at the same time that I still haven't entirely shaken. Not fun.