Swell Season Spring Tour

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ermm I have to admit, I left that show quite early, for reasons not at all related to any of the sweet sweet goodness that was happening on stage. So, not that I recall, but it's entirely possible it happened. :lol
I'm also debating about whether to see them. It's a great movie, but are they worth $40 to see live?

I saw them before the movie, for a lot less than that, and I've seen them since at progressively larger and swankier venues, and it's been worth it every time. :thumbup

The first time I saw them together was at a Glen solo show in 2005; he brought Marketa out to the piano to play a few songs with him, and he introduced her as "Fifi Lebowski". :lol When I think about it now though, damn, she must have been young at that show. :omg

• 1 month later...

i saw the Minneapolis show... it was pretty sweet, but not even remotely as great as any of the Frames shows i've seen unfortunately

and yes, the Frames are their backing band, and they play around 4-6 Frames songs a night (including Say It To Me Now, which Glen usually opens with solo)

Has anybody caught any shows on this tour, yet? I'm going tomorrow night here in atlanta. Is there any truth to the rumors that the frames were going to be the backing band? Any Frames songs popping up in the setlists?

Yes, it's true (at least in Seattle)!! They also threw in a few songs including "What Happens When the Heart Just Stops." The encore was amazing..."Forever Young."

*Random side note: Our seats were in the second balcony...but at least they were better than Bill Gates' seats. He sat four rows behind us in the nosebleeds!

After they did Falling Slowly in Oakland last month, Glenn said "don't leave... we do have other songs".

He described the overall experience of the movie, the Oscar win, etc., as something like standing in your yard, kicking a ball and hoping to hit the back fence. And instead, the ball clears the fence, keeps going over the neighbor's yard, across the river, past the next town... Part of him is thinking "cool, look at that!", and the other part just wants his ball back.

After they did Falling Slowly in Oakland last month, Glenn said "don't leave... we do have other songs".

He described the overall experience of the movie, the Oscar win, etc., as something like standing in your yard, kicking a ball and hoping to hit the back fence. And instead, the ball clears the fence, keeps going over the neighbor's yard, across the river, past the next town... Part of him is thinking "cool, look at that!", and the other part just wants his ball back.

well said. i really respect him. my comment was more out of empathy than anything else. world tours were not on the radar.

• 1 month later...
I saw the show last night in Madison and thought it was great. Anybody else seen recent shows?

I saw them Sunday 6/15 show at the Chicago Theatre. It was great!! Definitely worth the price of admission. Better than I expected actually. Glen is just so talented and always gives so much to his works. He did this incredible version of Van Morrison's "Born again" plus Frames songs. I would catch them anytime they come back.

I saw them Sunday 6/15 show at the Chicago Theatre. It was great!! Definitely worth the price of admission. Better than I expected actually. Glen is just so talented and always gives so much to his works. He did this incredible version of Van Morrison's "Born again" plus Frames songs. I would catch them anytime they come back.

that Van song is 'Into The Mystic' :thumbup

and yeah, great great cover

i liked the Mpls show a few months ago, but it honestly kinda paled compared to the Frames live