I'm going to see them on March 5 and wanted to know how they've been on this tour.

How's Shane been?

Do they bring the rock?

What's the setlist like?

Any other Chicagoans gonna be there on the 5th?

I'm going to see them on March 5 and wanted to know how they've been on this tour.

How's Shane been?

Do they bring the rock?

What's the setlist like?

Any other Chicagoans gonna be there on the 5th?

i'm gonna see 'em later in march + can't wait

haven't heard a thing about these shows, but i did hear that james walbourne is playing guitar, which is fantastic. he's toured with son volt and pernice brothers and is one of the most talented players i've ever seen

sadly, philip chevron is very ill

Wow! I hadn't heard this this. I hope to see them. Me and my buddies were heavily into the Pogues way back when. We always referred to MacGowan as the ugliest man in show business and would always try to find a worthy contender. We always failed.

Wow! I hadn't heard this this. I hope to see them. Me and my buddies were heavily into the Pogues way back when. We always referred to MacGowan as the ugliest man in show business and would always try to find a worthy contender. We always failed.

He looks worse than ever now...

and I am NOT going on March 5 unless someone has an extra ticket...

LouieB

platiceyedude, you are clearly calling me out. I will respond. Just remember that I didn't start this threadjack. I would NEVER travel to a Pogues show due to the likelihood of cancellation. I accept cancellations for illness, family emergency and too drunk and/or drugged to perform. Anything that actually will prevent the band from performing whole is totally acceptable for cancellation. Playing another show because you find it to be somehow better for you is not. Plain and simple. How that logic escapes so many, is beyond me.

platiceyedude, you are clearly calling me out. I will respond. Just remember that I didn't start this threadjack. I would NEVER travel to a Pogues show due to the likelihood of cancellation. I accept cancellations for illness, family emergency and too drunk and/or drugged to perform. Anything that actually will prevent the band from performing whole is totally acceptable for cancellation. Playing another show because you find it to be somehow better for you is not. Plain and simple. How that logic escapes so many, is beyond me.

i am not calling you out at all. it's just what happened last year.

i am not calling you out at all.

You can't be serious. If that is true, then there was no need to add this: "This one looks way too risky for you to get tickets". At least own up to your intent. I do.

You can't be serious. If that is true, then there was no need to add this: "This one looks way too risky for you to get tickets". At least own up to your intent. I do.

look, i could care less about you, you thoughts, or your opinions.

I said "This one looks way too risky for you to get tickets" because you posted this:

Wow! I hadn't heard this this. I hope to see them.

and these are the tour dates:

3-6-2008

Thursday

7:30 PM Riviera Theatre (Chicago) in Chicago, IL

3-9-2008

Sunday

6:00 PM 9:30 Club in Washington, DC

3-10-2008

Monday

7:00 PM 9:30 Club in Washington, DC

3-12-2008

Wednesday

8:00 PM Rams Head Live in Baltimore, MD

3-13-2008

Thursday

8:00 PM The Electric Factory in Philadelphia, PA

3-15-2008

Saturday

6:30 PM Roseland Ballroom in New York, NY

3-16-2008

Sunday

3-17-2008

Monday

3-19-2008

Wednesday

7:30 PM Orpheum Theatre - MA in Boston, MA

and you are in florida, none of which these are near so therefore:

This one looks way too risky for you to get tickets

don't try and drag me into your troll like world of internet debate.

I sincerely apologize. My mistake. I am not trying to drag anyone any where. People seem to be willingly and happily climbing aboard.

I saw them once before, back in 1989 -- opening for the Violent Femmes.

It was the first I'd ever heard of them and, obviously it sparked something in me.

Really looking forward to the show on the 5th.

You might want to be careful because last year after I bought Pogues tickets and had to make all sorts of crazy travel plans they cancelled and didn't even reschedule or return my travel money to me.

This one looks way too risky for you to get tickets for.

I agree. I think anyone buying a ticket to a Pogues show is risking Shane not being there, but The Pogues minus Shane are still an excellent band. Don't get me wrong, Shane (when lucid enough to perform) is amazing and I probably wouldn't go to a show knowing in advance he wouldn't be there, but the musicians that surround him are all excellent.

He looks worse than ever now...

Rumor is he's very bloated now. The perpertual and sad decline of a brilliant song writer, unfortunatley.

Seen the Pogues twice on the past 2 tours and they were excellent both times, though the energy level seemed to run much higher at the reunion shows. My only gripe would be that Phillip is sitting out and thus, no Thousands are Sailing. Regardless, it's a riotous show.

Was Lemmy from Motorhead considered?

They were awesome.

Opened with "Nancy Whiskey" closed with "Fiesta".

The show was more of a communal thing than a concert. The house lights were on half the time, and just about everyone was dancing and singing along with every song.

Shane looks great. Jem and Spider are still complete goofs.

I'm working on 4 hours of sleep.

Don't fuck with me!

;)

I'd really like to see the Pogues (never saw them the first time around), but the live recordings I heard from last year made me decide to just forget pursuing it. Musically they sounded great...Shane sounded pretty awful though.

anybody see them at the Riv?

Yeah.

That was the last post on the first page -- I saw them Weds.

Did you see them there?