Tom Waits to Tour this Summer!

:dancing

From Rolling Stone magazine

tom.jpg

Breaking News...About Tom Waits

By Suemedha Sood 03/04/2008 10:18AM

Usually I limit my blogging to environment-related topics, but this was just too good to be true (though I assure you, it is). Tom Waits

Toronto, Toronto, Toronto, Toronto, Toronto, Toronto, Toronto, Toronto... come on, Tom... Toronto, Toronto, Toronto, Toronto, Toronto... we love you here too... Toronto, Toronto, Toronto, Toronto, Toronto, Toronto... no, how 'bout Buff, then?... Toronto, Toronto...

Seriously, I need to see this man once. Just once. I honestly think I could live with that.

In the last five years or so Waits has become one of the most substantive and important artists who's output I've enjoyed.

Here's hoping for quick details as to venues and dates.

If the man is playing out in 08 I'll be there. I don't care where it is.

saw him in atlanta in 2006. well worth it. probably one of the best shows i have ever seen. he is a true american treasure. i could listen to him rap all night and just sing tunes on his piano. he did a bit of that, but it was mostly blood money, real gone, and mule tunes, which i was not complaining about. :thumbup

More tour talk from paste magazine:

Tom Waits announces summer tour plans

Writer: Christina Hansen

News, Published online on 05 Mar 2008

Tom Waits, he of the gravel voice and source material for an upcoming Scarlett Johansson cover album, is preparing for a tour this summer, his camp confirmed this week.

But don

Still though, I'd see Tom play with the freakin' Muppets Band backing him.

and that is saying something being how big of a Muppets fan bigshoulders is.

and technically speaking the Muppets band would be Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. actually that be a pretty hilarious show. Tom Waits and Zeus rocking it out together. hee hee.

More tour talk from paste magazine:His last outing was an eight-date U.S. tour two years ago in support of his three-disc album Orphans.

Acutally, there were 9 actual tour dates. Cleveland HOB was added at the 11th hour, and I'm proud to say I was there.

Kevin

You know, I've never traveled for a show before - I just don't find it justifiable or usual in 99.9% of cases - but I've just decided right now that nothing will stop me from seeing Waits this summer. So, whoever ends up going to whichever show is closest to southern Ontario, I'll see ya there.

You know, I've never traveled for a show before - I just don't find it justifiable or usual in 99.9% of cases - but I've just decided right now that nothing will stop me from seeing Waits this summer. So, whoever ends up going to whichever show is closest to southern Ontario, I'll see ya there.

Tom has a history of playing in Toronto, so I wouldn't be surprised if you had to travel all the way across town. :thumbup

Hoist that Rag,

K

• 1 month later...

If anyone is interested, over at the Tom Waits Fan forum I go on Stuart Ross Tom Waits' tour manager posted this under the Summer tour thread!!!

Big news coming soon !

Maybe this week, certainly by next week...

:dancing

God I hope he plays Toronto or somewhere in Michigan.

Another one hoping for Toronto :yes