Tulsa Roll Call!

I believe I see the lovely MChris in that pic...

'Tis! And standing beside me in the red shirt is kidsmoke, taking a picture of Jeff taking a picture of us. :lol (I should find that picture.)

What a great little show that was. Little did we know the drama which was yet to unfold the very next night. Who knew Tweedy was a ninja?

That's what I was thinkin'--early afternoon sometime.

Hopefully the weather cooperates. I believe Tulsa's supposed to get some snow on Thursday and Friday. Hopefully it's all gone by Saturday afternoon.

That's what I was thinkin'--early afternoon sometime.

Hopefully the weather cooperates. I believe Tulsa's supposed to get some snow on Thursday and Friday. Hopefully it's all gone by Saturday afternoon.

My brother lives like an hour and a half south in norman and i talked to him about it. He said its suppose to snow but is suppose to warm up toward the weekend. Weather.com confirmed that as well. Suppose to be very sunny with highs in the 40s. So cold (im from texas so thats cold to me) but not too cold. I just hope its not that windy.

Cannot wait. I am not going to be able to concentrate during class.

When Wilco played the Cain's a couple years ago, I got there about 1.5 - 2 hours prior and still got up front. There were maybe a dozen fans (mostly VCers) in front of me at the time, including Donna, MChristine and their kids. Of course, it was much warmer then.

:thumbup

Also, I know of a couple quality tapers that will be there, so we'll have a nice memento from the show afterward.

:dancing

When Wilco played the Cain's a couple years ago, I got there about 1.5 - 2 hours prior and still got up front. There were maybe a dozen fans (mostly VCers) in front of me at the time, including Donna, MChristine and their kids. Of course, it was much warmer then.

Yeah I left work in OKC about 4 that day, got there at 5:30 and I still got a space next to the stage. But I'll be there a little earlier this time since it's a Saturday. I suspect other people will be, too.

:thumbup

Also, I know of a couple quality tapers that will be there, so we'll have a nice memento from the show afterward.

:dancing

Thats definitely good to know.

i'm in as well as the wife and the rig! :dancing can anyone please tell me about the venue seating options? is the whole thing SRO or might there be a few seats or a balcony?

No balcony, but some "bleacher" type seats to the right and left of the main "dancefloor" ...

For Jeff's solo show there last year, they brought in chairs, but this (like most other shows there) will be GA, SRO. I'd say 1500 is about right. Can't imagine 3,000 in there.

Also, there's an adjacent bar area that might offer some seating.

David, after talking to a taper from Stillwater who did the last Wilco show there, he says theyusually have a pretty decent set-up for tapers in the back/center, kind of in a corral around the soundboard. Hopefully, it will be a good set-up for you. See you there! As always, you can use my pics to accompany your audio. Trying out a different camera this time, though ... hope to get at least a few decent shots. I'm a little worried about its low-light capabilities.