Wilco in Alaska!!

Second chance to be a bore today. "Northern Exposure" was filmed in Rosslyn, Washington a mere 90 minute drive from my current home of Seattle. And yes the female doctor was beyond hot.

I'm pretty sure you've got your characters mixed up. Maggie was a pilot in the series. Joel was the doctor.

Kevin

:brow

She did have some show on Lifetime where she played a doctor. I have noticed she was on Fox news quite a bit recently.

Anchored down in Anchorage (another song Wilco could do) (there is a connection there, of course)

• 3 months later...

My co-worker was in Fairbanks last week to visit our ground stations in nearby North Pole and Poker Flat and sent me these photos of The Blue Loon where Wilco will be playing next week. I was trying to convince the powers-that-be to send me up there on a "business trip" but then my girlfriend reminded me that we're going to be in New Orleans that weekend.

fairbanks1.jpg

fairbanks2.jpg

fairbanks3.jpg

stealing a page out of the white stripes tour book, but i love it. more bands should reward those living in alaska.

I think if you check you'll see that the White Stripes cancelled shows intended for Alaska last year. Stoked for my Alaska friends. Used to live there and these are sure to be memorable shows. Kudos for the band in sucking up the airfares and going to a part of the country very few established band ever go to.

The Dead were ther in 1980, I cant think of a Wilco show I would rather attend than AK. shows. However I am in Beijing for the summer so I dont think I can get there in time. Howabout a wilco show in China?!

Ahhh...I borrowed every season of Northern Exposure over the winter and watched episodes nightly...like a drug. The slow paced shows of the old days sure to bring about a sense of calm and relaxation. I did this while sipping hops tea..better than potaloni! Maggie's a wild woman!

Into the Wild.....Chris McCandles could not describe me any better.Except I is woman. Pearl Jam....I wore out the soundtrack. The lyrics from Society are the theme words to my life...

It's a mystery to me... we have a greed, with which we have agreed. You think you have to want more than you need. Until you have it all you won't be free. Society, you're a crazy breed... hope you're not lonely without me.

The only place other than my backyard I'd dream to see Wilco, is Alaska. Lucky folks there. Can't wait for pics!!

The show in Fairbanks was great! They apparently hung out here for a few days vacationing. Jeff talked about hiking some of the local trails. Anyways, they played 2 new songs. Both sounded excellent. I don't know the titles, but one was about being a kid and going to school. I don't remember what the other one was about, other than it was a sadder song. They both sounded very polished and more evolved than the Sky Blue Sky songs.