U2 in the year 2020!?

I'd imagine they'll be robots by then . . . Evil robots . . . . . . Do you think it will be illegal to kill evil robots in 2020? . . . Can you techniqually 'kill' an evil robot? . . . Can a robot techniqually be 'evil'? . . . I can't wait until 2020 now! . . . So many questions to be answered . . . . .

They will sound more like Coldplay.

By the year 2020 El Famous will have a high-profile gig as the official "band biographer", and will write a tome as big as a phone book detailing the 40 year history of U2.

Seriously though El Kev - I did enjoy your blog. :thumbup

I'd imagine they'll be robots by then . . . Evil robots . . . . . . Do you think it will be illegal to kill evil robots in 2020? . . . Can you techniqually 'kill' an evil robot? . . . Can a robot techniqually be 'evil'? . . . I can't wait until 2020 now! . . . So many questions to be answered . . . . .

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/video_oldglory_hi.html

invest now.

Geez...I dunno. U2 was the band of my adolescence and early adulthood. I consider Achtung-Zooropa-Pop the triumvirate in U2's catalogue (that's right, I'm one of those fans). I liked ATYCLB well enough but I think Bomb is their first crap album, when considering Bono's statement of 'two crap albums and you're out.' I really hope the sessions in Morocco helped them reinvent themselves, like Lanois has alluded. I'm skeptical of the new album that supposedly will be out in the fall (which means it will be out in May 2009).

I love U2 live. I've only seen them three times and I will probably see them again, but I don't know if I can stick with this band until 2020 unless they keep producing mind-blowing music. Damn, I'm starting to sound like my thesis advisor when I was getting my MA. He was a big 80s U2 fan but kind of petered out with Achtung.

"geezer rock"

Point being WHAT?

Someday, if you're lucky, you will be a geezer.

In what other profession is someone expected to quit working when they hit their late 40's? Rock Stars in their 40's and 50's (and 60's) are not daytime strippers.

Geezer means grumpy old man in the States. I like the UK usage better.

U2's last release was the "Window In The Skies" single, which was magnificent, and light years better than anything on HTDAAB.