Now Playing: April, 2008

wtf is that? looks interesting

np:

elliott smith - xo

I believe they are from San Fran, apprently their second release, and they modified their name form something else, whatever I was new to them, they were playing it in Waterloo on tuesday, it was cheap i grabbed it and have really been digging it, here's the myspace, the sound isn;t that groundbreaking, but for whatever reason fell in tune with me

Thee Oh Sees

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the first "rock and roll" albums I ever heard when I was a kid. My older brother bought the LP and cranked it up at every chance. This album made a lasting impact on me and the songs have huge sentimental value. Wow, every time I listen to this album its like going back in time........

61xE-sMj2VL.jpg

20070521basiaBulat.jpg

got on the invite list for this:

Wednesday, April 16th, 7PM - CBC Toronto Broadcast Centre - Basia Bulat & The Hylozoists

Join us in Toronto as we Fuse the golden-voice pop-folk of London's Basia Bulat with the vibraphone-heavy songs of Toronto's Hylozoists. To apply for tickets, click on the "tickets" link from the left-hand menu of this web site.

can't wait!

honestly was SO so let down by this record... doesn't even come close to touching LSF's first few records and EP's for me... bit too pop/punk-ish sounding

Inches is the only other one I've heard and for as good as that is, I prefer this one.

NP

phpThumb_generated_thumbnail-1.jpg

Anybody else download this? It's available now for free from Merge as MP3 or FLAC.

20070521basiaBulat.jpg

got on the invite list for this:

Wednesday, April 16th, 7PM - CBC Toronto Broadcast Centre - Basia Bulat & The Hylozoists

Join us in Toronto as we Fuse the golden-voice pop-folk of London's Basia Bulat with the vibraphone-heavy songs of Toronto's Hylozoists. To apply for tickets, click on the "tickets" link from the left-hand menu of this web site.

can't wait!

I've mention that you are like, my hero, right?

I haven't spun that record in two weeks.

Shows great restraint on my part.

ac032.jpg

early frontrunner for the year for me

Your not alone there.

Think it gets properly released next week, which reminds me I have a call to make.

NP:

Duke Spirit: "Neptune".