Now Playing: April, 2008

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry_Nilsson_Pussy_Cats.jpg

GtrPlyr, can you tell me what you think of this album? I am on a HUGE Harry Nilsson kick lately - just bought a couple of the Japanese remasters of "Harry" and "Aerial Ballet" ...

31sNx6YqL9L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51JbWjPO0rL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

... and have never heard Pussy Cats before. BTW, those little Japan CD mini LP's are adorable and sound great!

GtrPlyr, can you tell me what you think of this album? I am on a HUGE Harry Nilsson kick lately - just bought a couple of the Japanese remasters of "Harry" and "Aerial Ballet" ...

... and have never heard Pussy Cats before. BTW, those little Japan CD mini LP's are adorable and sound great!

I go into extended Harry jags quite often, so I know where you are coming from. The guy was one of the great singer/songwriters of our time...

Pussy Cats is a fun and loose record filled with some wonderful originals, covers, as well as some silly indulgent bits. Nilsson's vocals are definitely rougher sounding on this than any previous release--I believe I read somewhere that he completely shredded his vocal cords doing this album--but he still manages to make it work throughout the record. It's not as uniformly great as "Son of Schmilsson," or "Nilsson Schmilsson," but it's a must have for any Nilsson fan I believe. Probably in my top 5 (or so) Harry records.

p.s. I'm with you on Japanese remasters. I have a bunch of them, as well as the American reissues, and all are quite fantastic. It's great to get all those bonus tracks too of course :).

41VDws-LG1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I'm not sure - I got it through on promo over the weekend, with a release date of the next month or so, yet Amazon in the UK says it's already out... Very odd.

It's good.

On their website, it says April 14 in Europe and June 3 for North America.

Is it a double album that is essentially the two sides of Will Johnson?

On their website, it says April 14 in Europe and June 3 for North America.

Is it a double album that is essentially the two sides of Will Johnson?

Yeah, pretty much.

NP:

417eamZtSeL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I like this... :music

What is this please?

This Will Destroy You: Young Mountain

51S3APX8M5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg314JQ049F9L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

41K71VDS4PL._SL500_AA240_.jpg41R1YMSGQ5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Live Seeds

The Magnetic Fields - The Charm Of the Highway Strip

Chris Bell - I Am the Cosmos

Johnny Cash - American V: A Hundred Highways