OFFICIAL COME TO FLORIDA THREAD

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really really like them to play in florida again. There are some real fans here! I cant afford to fly or drive to see them in atlanta, which is about a 10 hour drive for me.

Every time they have an announcement of more tour dates, my heart races a little as I wait for the page to load, but it just doesnt happen.

They played tampa on Feb. 16 2005 and Jacksonville on March 10 2006 and I was able to make those. when they played Jacksonville they also played Langeradoo near miami, and in Tallahassee, but I could only make 1 trip.

It looks like I will be traveling to Orlando from time to time from now on, so if they can schedule a show there when I am there on business, it would be rad. I'll email my schedule to their touring manager.

I don't know you, but I think your existence is a pretty good reason for any band to stay out of Florida.

Larry, I happen to enjoy the majority of what you post and our musical tastes (particularly love for The Minus 5/Loose Fur/Jim O'Rourke/Leroy Bach era of Wilco) are quite similar. And for the most part when you're sarcastic around these parts its quite funny and usually towards people who usually have it coming. I found it quite admirable how staunchly you defended Rob last year, when people were bitching about Wilcobase.

But I am not quite sure bobbob is really deserving of this ribbing, as unless there's some history (I know you guys have both been here a lot longer than I have) or posts of his that I am just not seeing, he's always come off to me as pretty genuinely good poster, who has some interesting opinions and contributes a lot to the discussions here. Whether or not I agree with him, I can always tell that he's sincere, and personally I find that very refreshing not just on this particular board, but in the current climate in general. Now, I know that the majority of what is posted on this side of the board is usually sarcastic and I hope that I am not overreacting, but I am just not sure the shots at bobbob are really worthwhile.

--Mike

Larry, I happen to enjoy the majority of what you post and our musical tastes (particularly love for The Minus 5/Loose Fur/Jim O'Rourke/Leroy Bach era of Wilco) are quite similar. And for the most part when you're sarcastic around these parts its quite funny and usually towards people who usually have it coming. I found it quite admirable how staunchly you defended Rob last year, when people were bitching about Wilcobase.

But I am not quite sure bobbob is really deserving of this ribbing, as unless there's some history (I know you guys have both been here a lot longer than I have) or posts of his that I am just not seeing, he's always come off to me as pretty genuinely good poster, who has some interesting opinions and contributes a lot to the discussions here. Whether or not I agree with him, I can always tell that he's sincere, and personally I find that very refreshing not just on this particular board, but in the current climate in general. Now, I know that the majority of what is posted on this side of the board is usually sarcastic and I hope that I am not overreacting, but I am just not sure the shots at bobbob are really worthwhile.

--Mike

No, Larry's just a fucking prick sometimes, especially when it comes to me...

Dear mods, sorry for doing this again...

But I wouldn't worry about it since it's been his calling card for the last two years and apparently no admins or mods have said anything to him, so apparently it's all cool.

I mean, I don't have too much love for the state, but come on.

I would say something bad about Iowa, except that I happen to know numerous people from there who don't suck. Theshua is not one of them.

ha no iowa sucks too

(awwwwwkward thread)

But yeah, they haven't been here since 06, and they haven't played a non-festival show here since 05. Come on, guys. Get down here.

As a point of clarification, they played non-festival FL dates in March of 2006. I was at 2 of them, Jax on the 10th and Tally on the 14th.

Florida has been starved for a Wilco show as they have not been down in F-L-A since. Arrgh!

As a point of clarification, they played non-festival FL dates in March of 2006. I was at 2 of them, Jax on the 10th and Tally on the 14th.

Florida has been starved for a Wilco show as they have not been down in F-L-A since. Arrgh!

Sorry, my South Florida bias was kicking into gear there, I didn't think about that. You know how we are down here...

I think wilco and the rest of the country should ignore the entire state of florida. you guys indirectly fucked up the entire planet, way to go.

Wow... and intelligent comments like that keep it going in the right direction. Way to show your high intellect "TheSHua".....

Some new dates being announced......COME ON FLORIDA....LETS DO IT.

Not looking so hot.... They announced dates and they are moving away from Sunny FL...... Looks like I am flying up for Virgin fest in Baltimore this year to catch them and Jack Johnson (another artist who shunned Florida)....