I need new shoes. They have to be very very comfortable. I do a lot of walking, and I am on my feet for work. Plus I want them to last a long time since I am going to university soon.

Please help me. :)

What shoes do you all have?

Damn, I thought this was going to be about the band the Shoes.

For comfort and all round versatility you can't beat a good pair of running shoes. I have a pair of Nike Air Max Moto 5+ which are good if you need a neutral-cushioned shoe. I pretty much only use them for jogging though, and usually wear some canvas Converse shoes or some older running shoes I have kicking about for everyday use.

Timberland makes a damn fine pair of shoes - and, they are one of the first companies to go green - long before the current crop of green-washers.

Simple also makes comfortable, durable footwear.

Oh, and Doc Martens are great as well - lots of cool styles.

doc martens seem like they would be way too heavy for lots of walking. i would go to a store that specializes in athletic footwear. we have a great one here in chicago where they watch the way you run/walk and choose your shoe based on our foot's needs. its worth it to find a pair that feel awesome.

i think when i was in college, i wore a lot of Reef flip-flops... but that was because it was often very hot (so cal).

Try Born. Very comfy in my experience. Chucks are not so good for lots of walking, nor are Doc boots. I used to wear Sauconys when I ran cross country, and they were comfy as well. I think they're made overseas now though, so they may not be quite the same.

That is what I thought this thread as going to be about.

I just wear indoor soccer shoes. They last forever because they are designed for more intense wear and tear than normal walking around. I would recommend Adidas Sambas. An added bonus: If you are ever attacked you will be able to run away because they are athletic shoes. And people ask you all the time if you play soccer. Depending on the person asking that can be good or bad.

New Balance Classics are the most comfortable walking shoes I've ever owned. I can walk for miles, and I do, and don't even feel my feet.

3279-205015-d.jpg

And as long as we're talking about converse -- Jack Purcell's look good, and have the added attraction of arch support. If I have to stand in all stars all day, I end up crying at night.

5007-124444-d.jpg

I have found these to be the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn:

http://www.keenfootwear.com/

I have a slightly wide foot, and these are the only shoes I've tried that do not have my feet feeling worn out by the end of a long day's walkin'.

gonna have to totally agree here!!

They have all kinds of cute styles too. I have a pair of mary janes that work with dresses, but they are like wearing sneakers. So comfy and great for city walking.

Man, this thread reminds me of how much I want a pair of Keens.

I have a pair of New Balance running shoes that I wear when I'm going to be walking a lot. They are really comfortable and made from this really breathable fabric that keeps your feet cool.

My Doc Martens are really heavy and clunky, but I just think of all the extra calories I'm burning as I walk...

Man, this thread reminds me of how much I want a pair of Keens.

I have a pair of New Balance running shoes that I wear when I'm going to be walking a lot. They are really comfortable and made from this really breathable fabric that keeps your feet cool.

My Doc Martens are really heavy and clunky, but I just think of all the extra calories I'm burning as I walk...

I have a pair of these. I wear them whenever possible. The only drawback is the weird tan lines I get on my feet.

• 4 months later...