Jimmie Fallon to succeed Conan?

he mentioned this on Howard Stern's show, last year. He said something about NBC basically paying him not to do anything for any other networks, and when Conan takes over the Tonight Show, they'll give him Late Night.

Guest Muncle Douchey

i hope he proves me wrong, but this seems like a grave mistake. i wouldn't go as far as saying he's never been funny, but i find he wears thin on me exceedingly fast.

What, was Paulie Shore busy or something?

I think the best thing Fallon ever did was his small part in Almost Famous... that, and his Barry Gibb impersonation. I don't know if I see him as host material, but then again Conan wasn't all that good when he started, so he might just prove me wrong.

I think the best thing Fallon ever did was his small part in Almost Famous... that, and his Barry Gibb impersonation. I don't know if I see him as host material, but then again Conan wasn't all that good when he started, so he might just prove me wrong.

I like the sketch he did with Rachel Dratch - The Boston Teens.

I think the bold above is a very important consideration. I think he'll do ok, but it will take a while to get it working.

But I think there's a huge difference between someone like Conan when he started and someone like Fallon. With Conan, he was an unknown. Sure, he was a writer on SNL and producer for the Simpsons, but not a whole lot of people knew of him, so they had no preconceptions about him and tuned in to draw their own conclusions. With Fallon, people know him, and he seems very polarizing. People know him from SNL and the two-bit movies in which he starred after. Those that don't care for him won't give him the benefit of the doubt and won't even bother tuning in, regardless of how good or bad he actually turns out to be. So there will be a huge segment of potential viewers that will never watch.

Great. So we get to see him ruin every joke during the standup bit, every interview, and every song during the musical portion when he starts laughing during the middle of everything.

What an awful choice this would be.

Was this post recycled from 1992?

I hate Leno for this exact reason.

I think the bold above is a very important consideration. I think he'll do ok, but it will take a while to get it working.

I don't disagree, however, Conan was always funny. He just had a difficult time transferring to being a talk show host/performer. I'm not sure that Fallon is all that funny nor a good talk show host. He struggled with the News segment on SNL. Reading cue cards was even difficult.

I'm not wild about the guy but AP is reporting that he is the guy. I hope they are considering other folks as well. My guess is that they must see him as appealing to a young audience.

AP report

HOLIDAYECONOMY.jpg

Why can't they get Dave Chappelle? I would religiously watch the show if he got the job.

I heard that John Stewarts contract will run to an end soon and he will take over the late night (which would bring colbert to the daily show?) Plus hasnt dave chappelle gone crazy and moved to south africa