We are just a bunch of...

Here is a post I ran across on another board. I though that it might bring a laugh or a smile to someone's drab day. Or possibly cause a round of mockery and pithy retorts, which would likely bring a laugh or a smile to someone's drab day.

"I can see the Old 97's possibly getting "big" to a certain "wannabe hepcat but actually just fratboy and sororitygirl pretending to be hepcat" faction like Wilco currently is, and frankly, that scares me."

Wilco is too old to be 'big'...so are the Old 97's. Face it, the good bands aren't going to get 'big' because the majority of the U.S.'s music listeners are stoopid-see American Idol, Miley Cyrus, insert other 2 year phenom here.

If this was a fraternity there would be more kegs. Lots more. And hazing. Hey, that might be fun! We should try it. Except that most of us are too old and it would end up being like that Will Ferrell movie.

Also, Hepcat was a pretty good ska band back in the 90s, but I don't see how that is relevant here.

Guest Jules
"I can see the Old 97's possibly getting "big" to a certain "wannabe hepcat but actually just fratboy and sororitygirl pretending to be hepcat" faction like Wilco currently is, and frankly, that scares me."

english, please?

I'm not sure what he's talking about..maybe because me, Otter, Flounder and Bluto just got back from the Minnesota show (we took Flounders brothers car).

I'm not sure what he's talking about..maybe because me, Otter, Flounder and Bluto just got back from the Minnesota show (we took Flounders brothers car).

Ha ha ha ha!! There's the laugh I was hoping for! Thanks, Pinto.

I crashed an end of the year party for undergrads at Duke University back in the spring of 2003. So determined was I to be up front for this show, I suffered through a set by Better than Ezra. I recall there were many, many, ball-cap-clad frat boys that went nuts during the Ezra set, but didn't have a clue who Wilco were. I think one even asked me who they were.

Once Wilco started... they seemed to disappear. Presumably to go vomit.

kevin

The ball-clap is the most common STI among fraternity members.