Conservatives happier than liberals?

conservatives are better at rationalizing inequalities.

ignorance is apparently bliss.

"Your Honor, years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth. I said then, and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene Debs (a liberal!)

I wonder if the results of this survey would have been similar in 1993? 1960? 2012? Perhaps it is just a product of the times because even with democratic majorities in both chamers conservatives still are generally getting their wayin our government. Perhaps things will change in January next year, perhaps not, we willl see.

i think studies like this are total.....eh, what's the point? define happy. a conservative says they're happy, but are they really, maybe they should do a study on how one defines and ranks happiness. i always what the point of such polls, studies, surveys, etc really is, to what gain, benefit, and enlightenment, what advancement to society have we achieved knowing that conservatives rationalize inequality better? just curious.

ignorance is apparently bliss.

"Your Honor, years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth. I said then, and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene Debs (a liberal!)

Incredibly condescending.

And not unexpected.

i'm also trying to figure out how anybody could have trouble w/ the concept that one should have to work hard to move up any sort of ladder.

I was wondering the same.

On an unrelated note, I just wished you a happy birthday in the El Foxwell thread, thinking erroneously that you had once again changed your name. :hmm

I don't think anyone has a problem with people working hard to move up the ladder - I think some people take issue with the fact that the ladder is available for some and not others due to racial, gender and historical systematic inequalities.

I am usually pretty happy - but am pretty darn depressed right now. I guess that's normal when grieving the death of your kid's dad. So, nothing to do with ladders.

I don't think anyone has a problem with people working hard to move up the ladder - I think some people take issue with the fact that the ladder is available for some and not others due to racial, gender and historical systematic inequalities.

That's it. It's just unfair for those who cannot participate (for the reasons you listed).

No one's HAPPY, we're just different shades of miserable.

Liberals are guilty, because they're smart, rich, and they know deep down they don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves.

Conservatives are the same, except they're self-righteous and indignant. Since they've been absolved of everything by Jesus, so all is cool.

Hth. Also, see my sig. Liberals get free gift horses and find ever new and unexpected ways to fuck them up. Conservatives seize the day, and then fuck it up good.