• I like tea!
    • f**k a bunch of coffee!
    • Caribou Coffee.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't drink coffee, but the people around here swear by Tim Horton's coffee. Judging by the crowds they get in the mornings I figure they must be lacing the stuff with PCPs or something.

"Serious" coffee drinkers say Tim Horton's coffee is crap. I don't drink much coffee but Timmy's is the only coffee I do drink. I'm borderline addicted to it. I think it's actually nicotine they're adding.

but I will drink the coffee as long as it's good and strong.

Me too, I've gotta have it strong.. I often find myself pouring out fresh pots of coffee at work because it's not strong enough for me.. Yeah I'm a dick, but hey everyone still drinks it.

i love the coffee at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (i think they are only west coast). it is truly lovely.

I think we have a Coffee Bean next door to where I work. They do open mike nights 2 times a week, I'm considering going to do it one night.

I buy brewed and fresh roast from a local joint called the Mudhouse which is very good. Great baked goods and pastries also.

Never honestly had Dunkin's java. Haven't been to a McDonalds in a years.

Starbucks only when I travel....their coffee is simply never ever hot enough

French press

This is absolutely the way to go at home. It would be better if I ground my own I suppose but I'm too lazy for that.

I ♥ coffee.

I think we have a Coffee Bean next door to where I work. They do open mike nights 2 times a week, I'm considering going to do it one night.

i think that might be something else... i'm pretty sure the coffee bean and tea leaf is western US and international only?

This needs "local small roaster" on the list because that is very different from the diner/mom & pop option.

Or just put Metropolis on there so it can kick all the others' asses. Can I get a witness!? yvon? renic? ROBIN?? Spice Island is calling.... :coffeecup

None of the above. Once I got a French press, it was revealed to me that I make the best coffee in the world.

:thumbup

Best coffee

And yes, Kim: that is the Chicago "local small roaster". Although they ain't as small as they used to be. Still great, though.

Peet's, Dunn Brothers and Yogi Tea for tea days

love Yogi Tea!

Thread title should read "who has the best coffee?"

you are awfully critical of everyone lately.

Intelligentsia blows goats compared to Metropolis. They'd be my choice... if Metropolis didn't exist. They're a good second place local coffee, but most of their roasts are muddy and bitter, even the "lighter" ones -- with the exception of their Quetzal breakfast blend, which is weaker than Superman around kryptonite.

I used to work at a place that served Intelligentsia and I thought they were Oh So Great, but now I've seen the error of my ways. There's hope for you.

Also, PopTodd, Intelligentsia is treading on being DQed from "local" because they opened a Los Angeles location a few years ago.

Guess I'm biased because I've been going to them since they had a single location on Broadway, and used the roaster that was in the middle of the store. Guess that I still think of them and their coffee in that light; when it really was amazing.

But yeah, some roasts are better than others.

i live in rhode island, and have just found out dunkin donuts were available outside of New England haha, I guess they are going bigtime. Honeydew is great, the best coffee in the world is 100% Dave's Coffee in charlestown RI

They've been pretty big for at least the last 30 years. I remember watching Dunkin Donuts commercials (time to make the donuts!) when I was a kid in Clarksville, Tennessee. Which is pretty far from New England.

Have they finished that bridge from Rhode Island to the mainland yet?

I'll agree with the Wawa poster, especially their new 100% Columbian.

La Colombe in Philly is one of the best roasters around. http://www.lacolombe.com/

what is "DQed"? is that like 86ed?

"disqualified" ...it's swimming terminology (and probably other things.) So I guess it's the 86ed of the competitive swimming world. That reminds me, in my two years working at the bakery (where we served Intelligentsia) I only got to say something was 86ed a handful of times... what a shame, really. All that wasted opportunity to use restaurant lingo!

i live in rhode island, and have just found out dunkin donuts were available outside of New England haha, I guess they are going bigtime.

They went "bigtime" decades ago. There were Dunkin Donuts shops in Michigan at least as far back as the '70s.

"disqualified" ...it's swimming terminology (and probably other things.) So I guess it's the 86ed of the competitive swimming world. That reminds me, in my two years working at the bakery (where we served Intelligentsia) I only got to say something was 86ed a handful of times... what a shame, really. All that wasted opportunity to use restaurant lingo!

i thought that it was Dairy Queened, like when Dairy Queen went from being an awesome local icecreamery and went National and lost their street cred. So to be DQed means to take something cool and local and corporate it up so that everyone hates it. Like the way people get about when bands actually get popular, you know?

If that isn't the case, i think we could probably move it into today's vernacular. Who is with me?

I am not a hot coffee drinker, but i LOVE it cold. And once last spring i was at a tree planting where someone had a bunch of those Starbucks Frappacino things and damn if they were not incredibly tasty!

I was a Frappuchino addict until I started brewing & concocting my own iced coffee.

In fact my iced coffee won the ms yvon Seal Of Approval.

Man I love coffee.