Wilco song in the new movie The Strangers?

Quiet is used to unsettling effect, with tomandandy's near-musique concrete score as well as what's supposed to be old vinyl folk/country records (but are in fact mostly new alt-country tracks by the likes of Gillian Welch and Wilco) sparsely deployed.
Now I'm going to have to watch the freakin' thing just to see exactly what they mean by this.

http://www.thestrangers.net/?__source=GGL|...angers_Specific

Chills! YUMMY! What is it about old vinyl folky and country music that scares the bageezes out of city folk? Sends their mind into wild spirals that conjure up images of half naked inbred hillbillies?

I love inbreds!

29on2ab.jpg

Jeff Tweedy, Merle Haggard, Billy Bragg, Woody Gunthrie.....sounds interesting.

MusicCreditDwight Mikkelsen Orchestrations - Orchestrator Allan Wilson Music Conductor - ConductorPaul Talkington Music Contractor - Orchestra Contractor Season Kent Music Supervisor Lee Scott Music Editor - Temp Music Editor Christine Bergren Music - Music Legal and ClearancesTom Hajdu (Tomandandy) Composer todd brodie Music Engineer - EngineerJamie Steele Score Mixing - Music Scoring Mixer Jennifer O

Took the wife to see it over the weekend. Well, it was suprising when we noticed "At my window sad and lonely". Its actually a very cool Jeff solo version, I would guess an outtake from the 'Mermaid" sessions. The music was good and kept me interested. The movie had some tense moments, it just didn't really do it for me.

I had a dream last night which was partially inspired by this movie. I have no idea what, exactly, the movie is about but in my dream someone was killing everyone in my house and I was thinking, "This is like that movie with the Tweedy song isn't it?" :dontgetit

She Came Along To Me EP

Billy Bragg & Wilco 1998, Elektra (CD), 7559637402

plus California Stars (Live from Late Night with Conan O'Brien)/My Thirty Thousand/Bugeye Jim/At My Window Sad And Lonely (Jeff Tweedy guitar solo version)

Australian release

I saw the movie yesterday, and I am easily creeped out by scary movies, so i jumped a lot! i thought the part where they used the Wilco song was good, like it fit, until the scary stuff started happening... then when the Haggard song played...yikes! I don't think I will ever listen to that song in the same way again.

It was an okay movie. The Wilco song was the best not-scary part.

I saw the movie yesterday, and I am easily creeped out by scary movies, so i jumped a lot! i thought the part where they used the Wilco song was good, like it fit, until the scary stuff started happening... then when the Haggard song played...yikes! I don't think I will ever listen to that song in the same way again.

It was an okay movie. The Wilco song was the best not-scary part.

Same here on the Haggard song. I jumped a lot, too. Kicked some guy sitting next to me. Sorry.